News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 371     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

That's odd - I wonder if that will be permanent or if this is just a pop-up. Seems like a big space for an ice cream store.

Yeah - and kind of dissappointing too - hoping for better retail. Having an ice cream store will be nice for summer but can't seem them doing too well in winter.

Last edited:
In light of the conversation above, ACT7 and Retail Insider are revealing the location of the Bloor Street J. Crew store. It will be at 110 Bloor Street West (replacing the first Guerlain store), next to the new Brooks Brothers (replacing Plaza Escada): http://www.retail-insider.com/2013/06/j-crew-to-open-at-110-bloor-st-w-in.html

Figured that both spots would be a little too big for Brooks Brothers. But is the old Guerlain store big enough for J.Crew?

Figured that both spots would be a little too big for Brooks Brothers. But is the old Guerlain store big enough for J.Crew?

Brooks Brothers will be in the main floor of the old Escada with the bulk of their store in a reconfigured basement, as I mentioned earlier. That may mean that J Crew will have storefront presence in the old Guerlain with the full second floor. (This is just my guess). All I know 100% is that brooks brothers has about 3,000 square feet of streetfront with the remainder in the basement.

As for the old FCUK space - I don't think its a store - but rather a back-lit sign over the second floor. I don't think we'll see anything in there until the corner is redevelopment. The landlord is crazy. (the advert is a way to monetize the building without securing a tenant, and no tenant will sign his lease terms at the price he wants for the property)

^ Description: To erect and display an illuminated static copy wall sign at the second storey of the northerly elevation and a non-illuminated overhanging structure sign at the first storey of the easterly elevtion of the building in conjunction with a new retail ice cream store to operate on the premises. **Magnum Toronto**

^ Description: To erect and display an illuminated static copy wall sign at the second storey of the northerly elevation and a non-illuminated overhanging structure sign at the first storey of the easterly elevtion of the building in conjunction with a new retail ice cream store to operate on the premises. **Magnum Toronto**

Noted :)

Then that makes some sense... FCUK left because the landlord (who also owns stollery's) wanted to renegotiate with a demolition clause. FCUK didn't want to renovate or invest in the space.

Flipside - Magnum's are pretty tasty

Does anyone know what the deal is with C House Lounge? It's "closed until further notice" due to a plumbing issue. The last time I saw a similar notification was for that Mexican place that's now Blo Blow Dry Bar.

Noted :)

Then that makes some sense... FCUK left because the landlord (who also owns stollery's) wanted to renegotiate with a demolition clause. FCUK didn't want to renovate or invest in the space.

Flipside - Magnum's are pretty tasty

This is almost certainly a pop-up or temporary store. That space is WAY too big and way too prime for an ice cream parlour, even if it is Magnum, Haagen-daz, or whatever. If I'm wrong, this will be a huge disappointment for Bloor in my opinion.

I am actually looking forward to the magnum storet! I don't shop at any of the stores on bloor in that area, so for me an ice cream shop is more useful than an overpriced clothing store!

Last edited:
Their store in London looks pretty nice!

img_32301.jpg

Retail Insider to reveal Suitsupply's Cumberland Street location next week.

Back