News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

A 'LEASED' sign has been posted at the old MAC spot on Bloor. Scaffolding has also gone up on the new Mulberry/old Lacoste space.

A 'LEASED' sign has been posted at the old MAC spot on Bloor. Scaffolding has also gone up on the new Mulberry/old Lacoste space.

FINALLY (re: MAC)!

katespade.jpg

It was leased to a clothing retailer. The landlord wishes to keep the tenant's identity a secret for now, and the tenant will be issuing a press release in the near future.

Total uneducated guess: J Crew mens shop. I was under the impression that they had leased 80 Bloor, which I don't think is big enough for a complete mens and womens line... A small edited mens shop across the street would make some sense.

Total uneducated guess: J Crew mens shop. I was under the impression that they had leased 80 Bloor, which I don't think is big enough for a complete mens and womens line... A small edited mens shop across the street would make some sense.

I can say for sure that's not the case. Not saying I know who's going in there but it's not J Crew.

If you don't know for sure who's going in there then it is impossible for you to know for sure it's not J Crew.

Lets try to be smart about this ...

So he doesn't know what is moving into the spot in question, yet he can guarantee its not j.crew ... using simple deduction, I conclude, he knows j.crew is moving into another vacant spot in Yorkville (as of course having two locations beside each other makes no sense).

If you don't know for sure who's going in there then it is impossible for you to know for sure it's not J Crew.

The old MAC spot isn't big enough for J.Crew anyway.

The old MAC spot isn't big enough for J.Crew anyway.

My original comment: Total uneducated guess: J Crew mens shop. I was under the impression that they had leased 80 Bloor, which I don't think is big enough for a complete mens and womens line... A small edited mens shop across the street would make some sense.

- i.e. womens at 80 Bloor and a mens shop across the street (generally mens stores are smaller and more curated).

Taal - J Crew is now known for opening separate mens and womens stores in the same mall. My original hypothesis was based on knowledge that J. Crew was opening a Bloor/Yorkville store and trying to come up with clothing stores that are only looking for 1500 square feet of retail space (the old MAC spot).

This is the old FCUK spot

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO M4W 1A3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 188031 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Jun 14, 2013

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display an illuminated static copy wall sign at the second storey of the northerly elevation and a non-illuminated overhanging structure sign at the first storey of the easterly elevtion of the building in conjunction with a new retail ice cream store to operate on the premises. **Magnum Toronto**

This is the old FCUK spot

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO M4W 1A3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 188031 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Jun 14, 2013

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display an illuminated static copy wall sign at the second storey of the northerly elevation and a non-illuminated overhanging structure sign at the first storey of the easterly elevtion of the building in conjunction with a new retail ice cream store to operate on the premises. **Magnum Toronto**

That's odd - I wonder if that will be permanent or if this is just a pop-up. Seems like a big space for an ice cream store.

Back