News   Apr 16, 2024
 422     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.6K     7 

BiWay is making a comeback

Honest Eds was an oversized bi-way really.
Completely different products. Honest Ed's was mainly a liquidator with one-of-a-kind merchandise from all over the world. Every time you went, the merchandise was different and once it sold out, they did not restock it. That is what I loved about it. You never knew what kind of one-of-a-kind crazy stuff he was going to have and if you liked something, you had to buy it then because odds were, you would never see it again in the store. That is not how a Biway or Dollarama work, as almost all of their merchandise is regularly restocked. A true liquidation store is very different from a regular discount store and I'm surprised people don't know the difference!

I cherish my unique, prized possessions from Honest Ed's!

The new Biway store at 95 Orfus Road is set to open later this year in November. They will carry brands such as Carter's OshKosh, Puma, Gap, Old Navy, Pinky, Snugabye, Kangol, along with sporting gear for the Leafs, Raps and Jays.

The new Biway store at 95 Orfus Road is set to open later this year in November. They will carry brands such as Carter's OshKosh, Puma, Gap, Old Navy, Pinky, Snugabye, Kangol, along with sporting gear for the Leafs, Raps and Jays.

Substantial format size in the 10,000sq ft range.

Sounds like some better quality product (for the price point) as well.

Interesting move; may be disruptive for brands like Winners and Walmart.

Of note........the leader/founder of this new generation of Biway.............. is 91; we should all be so healthy and energetic, at 1/2 his age! LOL

Very likely will the sporting gear for the Leafs, Raptors, and Jays consists of either active players now playing for other teams or retired players (or even very recently deceased players).

It sounds like it will be somewhere in between Winners and Walmart as another person mentioned. I personally can't wait to check it out as it doesn't sound bad. The Orfus road location might dissapoint some people, but I think overall people wouldn't mind going there to check out a BiWay again.

The founder of BiWay, Mal Coven passes away at the age of 91:

1602092131481.png

Looks like the store won't open after all. They admitted that the founder was the driving force, and with him gone, there's nobody to steer the ship.

Looks like the store won't open after all. They admitted that the founder was the driving force, and with him gone, there's nobody to steer the ship.

That's a shame, especially after they invested a fair amount on renovating that building for the relaunch. Although the decor does look in line with some of the newer home design and fixture places in the area on Caledonia, so it shouldn't be a problem getting someone else to take over the building.

Back