4.1K     15 

BiWay is making a comeback

AlbertC

Member Bio
Reaction score
BiWay is set to be resurrected in 2019 with new store

CTVNews.ca Staff
Published Saturday, December 8, 2018 12:17PM EST

Retail veteran Mal Coven, 89, who helped build the brand, hopes to resurrect the name with a new 7,500 square feet "BiWay $10 Store" scheduled to open in August in Toronto.

“One of my rules was that I never bought anything that I would be ashamed to bring home to my family,” Coven said, The new chain concept will see everything in stock sold for $10 or under.

With tens of thousands of dollars worth of goods ready and the backing of investors, Coven aims to open four more stores by the end of 2020.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/biway-is-set-to-be-resurrected-in-2019-with-new-store-1.4210236

Admiral Beez

Member Bio
Reaction score

Richard White

Member Bio
Reaction score
Dollarama is losing its way.

Why Dollarama Inc. (TSX:DOL) Stock Is Plunging Sharply
https://www.fool.ca/2018/09/17/why-dollarama-inc-tsxdol-stock-is-plunging-sharply/

Bi-Way is targeting the anything under $10 retail price point. Whereas Dollarama went from everything for a buck to almost everything for over $2. They should change their format from a dollar store to a tooney store.
There was a store like that called "A Buck or Two" I believe. It is no longer in existance. Really though Dollarama is more about the 3-4 dollar items now.. the minimum item price is $1.25

I remember going to Biway when it closed in the Pickering Town Centre. I got a pair of turkey lifters and clothes :p

narduch

Member Bio
Reaction score
Dollarama is losing its way.

Why Dollarama Inc. (TSX:DOL) Stock Is Plunging Sharply
https://www.fool.ca/2018/09/17/why-dollarama-inc-tsxdol-stock-is-plunging-sharply/

Bi-Way is targeting the anything under $10 retail price point. Whereas Dollarama went from everything for a buck to almost everything for over $2. They should change their format from a dollar store to a tooney store.
This just proves the stupidity of the stock market.

Their sales increased but there stock tanked. They are still a healthy business.

Last edited:

AlbertC

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like the resurrected BiWay may also be competing more against the likes of TJX chains (Winners, Marshalls).

Trying to remember the specific location of BiWay when they used to be at Dufferin Mall. From what I recall, it should be the current spot where Marshalls and Swiss Chalet is (?). Service Canada, Abrigo Centre and probably something else was there for some time too in the past.