News   Apr 25, 2024
 213     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 365     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 565     0 

Beijing Olympic 2008

How was the 4X200 a choke? They were ranked 5th going in and were considered one of a group of 3 or 4 countries that could get 3rd. To say it was a choke is wrong. To say it was epic is just off the scale.

Hayden, choke, yes. Despatie, I didn't watch, so I can't say for certain.

^ Someone's been watching Bob McCown's Prime Time Sports lately?

While I'm not too impressed with the performances so far, Canada has realistically only had a couple shots at a medal so far. Rowing/kayaking is coming up and Canada has some favourites there. I would say there's really only been a couple poor performances, but in the pool especially there have been some surprises that will hopefully make for a strong showing in 2012.

As for China, Olympic Ceremonies aren't the only thing faked. Looks like a few Chinese gymnasts might be younger than their passports say they are, thanks to a bit of forgery.

Who's Bob McCown?

If rowing/kayaking are the only hope, perhaps we should just send them there and keep the other losers home, so that would save us some $$.

It is all mental. "It's not that bad" "We broke our own record" "It's great just to gain experience". All BS and weak.

Oh please, the underage is jsut allegation, there's no proof at all. NBC people are just sore cause their "fave" Amercians didn't win. I tuned in a little bit on NBC and that dude keep bitching that the Chinese's scores were too high blah blah blah. A dummy could tell that the Chinese were clear winners last night, cause those Americans choked.

And then this morning, the people on NBC bitched that the Americans had too much pressures, while those Chinese were "too young, what do they know about pressure?" What a total BS. Nobody has more pressures than the Chinese IMO. It's their game, expectations are high. No pressures?

I don't really understand that either. After watching NBC's coverage of the Olympics last night they kept talking about the Chinese being under age.

Who cares if they are under age. If they have reached that level of greatness at any age, why shouldn't they be able to compete? If a 14 year old is better at gymnastics than some 20 year old with over 15 years of training, maybe you should train harder.

It's been really nice to see the Chinese gymnasts pull through and get things done. Isn't there some 14 year old American diver in the olympics?

As we all know, Chinese/Asians always look younger than their age (deal with it, it's a fact!). Unlike the Americans, some look like they are in their twenties.

Of course not. Canada wouldn't have a opening ceremony filled with video effects and fake singer.

Oh please! It's normal to fill some filming into the show to creat effect for viewers. I don't see there's anything wrong with it. Besides, they did have the actually fireworks, just difficult to capture for people on tv. Guess they use the wires to fly people up and down are cheating too :rolleyes:

How was the 4X200 a choke? They were ranked 5th going in and were considered one of a group of 3 or 4 countries that could get 3rd. To say it was a choke is wrong. To say it was epic is just off the scale.

Hayden, choke, yes. Despatie, I didn't watch, so I can't say for certain.

4X200 a choke cause they could challenge for 2nd or 3rd place.
Despatie and the other dude choked big time. The 2nd place was theirs to lose...

The combination of Canada's poor performance, the human rights abuses, and the fakery in Beijing has made me completely lose interest in the Olympics. Well, those things and Torch Toronto...

I can't believe we still haven't won a medal. This is embarrassing.

What's the fewest medals we've ever won in an Olympics?

Of course not. Canada wouldn't have a opening ceremony filled with video effects and fake singer.

..I said, fake stuff aside...........

It was seriously spectacular.. the group precision efforts especially.

The combination of Canada's poor performance, the human rights abuses, and the fakery in Beijing has made me completely lose interest in the Olympics. Well, those things and Torch Toronto...

Wow, so you just painted the whole thing fake? Please...it's nothing compares to those athletes who cheated.

And get over with the human rights crap already! It happens everywhere, not just China. :rolleyes:

I can't believe we still haven't won a medal. This is embarrassing.

What's the fewest medals we've ever won in an Olympics?

That's not a very interesting question, because the Olympics of today are quite different from those of, say 1896. Maybe a better question is, what is the lowest % of total medals Canada has won.

At any rate, yes, our performance has been pretty disappointing so far. Don't count us down until the closing ceremonies. We have plenty of medal opportunities to come.

And if that doesn't satisfy you, in 18 months we will do quite well in Vancouver. We have been pouring money into the winter sports to the detriment of the summer sports.

Once again, Mike Brown was supposedly to be the one who got "the best chance" to win a medal...LOL

And yet, they are still in the "did great" "nothing to feel bad about" blah blah...ya, pack yourself in the back, well done, make it to the final! :rolleyes:

Yah, just watched that. This just brings down the reality that Canada really is just a small country which happens to have a large landmass. We need to invest in our athletes if we ever want to be serious in landing a summer games.

Back