News   May 03, 2024
 981     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 598     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 287     0 

Cabbagetown

Cabbagetown, where men are men and the poultry are nervous.

I put the middle sentence in afterward, and didn't immediately notice that separating the two made a large difference to the...er...context of what I was saying.

I apologize for any mental visualizations which may have occurred as a result of reading that.

the glass has been installed in the building on Parliament and Aberdeen, and it looks fantastic. Oh, I wish I had money.

I'd take pictures, but I don't have a camera. Except the one on my phone, and it's terrible.

Is everyone in Cabbagetown ready for Halloween? Last year we counted over 500 kids. I've learned to dish out the candy on my front steps, as one year the parade of kids wore away the stain on my porch.

^ Love that voice.

LT-Cv167_wide.jpg

I live right on Parliament, so no children for me. I gets to keep all the candy for myself.

The old wing machine location, North of Johnny G's, and south of the Paradise Bar is going to be a "Gourmet Burger", they just put a sign up yesterday. It looks quite classy. It's a better looking business than I expected in that location.

I live right on Parliament, so no children for me. I gets to keep all the candy for myself.

The old wing machine location, North of Johnny G's, and south of the Paradise Bar is going to be a "Gourmet Burger", they just put a sign up yesterday. It looks quite classy. It's a better looking business than I expected in that location.

The new "Starbucks building" looks great, and even better than the renders. It's clean, modern, and the brick-in-lieu-of-stucco keeps it in line with the neighborhood without having to adopt some tacky faux-Victorian look (see Cabbagetown Mews).

^ Yes, I've made mention of it (did you copy the wrong quote?).

On another note, I'm really pleased with the new building at Aberdeen and Parliament. They're using brick (I assumed precast), and the bricks have some colour variation. It's looking like a winner, I'm very egar to see the glass in and the hording taken away to get a look at the retail element. I hope in years to come they take out the block down to "Johnny G's" and replace it with something similar.

the glass has been installed in the building on Parliament and Aberdeen, and it looks fantastic. Oh, I wish I had money.

I live almost directly across the street, and when looking at it everyday now, I get the urge to rob a bank, or perhaps get a better job (whichever is easier) and buy one of the units. The huge (12ft?) ceilings and windows connecting around the corner of Parliament to Aberdeen look fantastic, and I'm sure they look even better from the inside.

I know it's out of my range (everything is), and I'm sure they're all spoken for, but does anyone know what a unit costs in there?

On a couple of local notes, I've been told the Coffee Crime WILL re-open, and Wing Machine has been told they can have a LLBO licence if they cut down the fence around their patio, so that sitting patrons are visible to the street. Apparently, this is a rule.

^ Yes, I've made mention of it (did you copy the wrong quote?).

I live almost directly across the street, and when looking at it everyday now, I get the urge to rob a bank, or perhaps get a better job (whichever is easier) and buy one of the units. The huge (12ft?) ceilings and windows connecting around the corner of Parliament to Aberdeen look fantastic, and I'm sure they look even better from the inside.

I know it's out of my range (everything is), and I'm sure they're all spoken for, but does anyone know what a unit costs in there?

On a couple of local notes, I've been told the Coffee Crime WILL re-open, and Wing Machine has been told they can have a LLBO licence if they cut down the fence around their patio, so that sitting patrons are visible to the street. Apparently, this is a rule.

Sorry, yeah, I copied the wrong post.

I also wonder how much they're going for. I'd at least like a tour when they're done.

I saw someone working in the old space of the Laurentian Room... New tenant in the works?

I've noticed that the street people and rollies outside Coffee Time have vanished. I wonder where they went? They're not inside Tims AFAIK.

I've noticed the same thing. I guess the colder weather is keeping them in, and making it more difficult for them to congregate.

On a side note, does anyone remember this protest march by OCAP last month? http://ocap.ca/ocap.ca/cabbagetown

I don't know where I was, but I didn't see a thing.

I didn't see it either, thank god. It seems from the pictures (surprise, surprise) to be half punk types, most of whom I'm willing to bet don't live in or near Cabbagetown; and a lot of liberal-guilt, Keffiyeh wearing (fashionable and political?! I'll take 10!), middle class poli-sci students who just read Noam Chomsky for the first time and discovered the wonderful warmth of self-righteous indignation. The latter are the people who in 10 years will be gentrifying the next "up and coming" neighbourhoods of Toronto. Guaranteed (The punks have facial tattoos, and are therefore largely doomed).

Besides, an OCAP protest is just a lame riot that never got off the ground. Amirite? ;)

Oh, Mr. Beez, the taps are now flowing at Wing Machine *ducks*

Last edited:

Back