News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 379     0 

Bedbugs

That too. The point is they can get in no matter how clean you might be or even if your baseboards are sealed.

That too. The point is they can get in no matter how clean you might be or even if your baseboards are sealed.

If you live in a concrete building and seal baseboards, cracks, ceiling lights and electrical/cable/telephone outlets with caulking paying particular attention to the bedrooms, you greatly reduce the chance of getting them if they're nearby.

When you take a bus or subway, DO NOT SIT! I stand all the time, just in case.
The best solution is to get some tin-foil and make little hat out of it. The hat acts as an anode providing cathodic protection attracting the negatively charged bed bugs, and keeping them away from your clothes and body.

When you leave the station, simply pop the hat into those conveniently provided recycling containers.

Extreme heat and caustic fluids kill bedbugs and their eggs.

a431b3994d198c5bb658a7de338a.jpeg

Bedbug problem at apartment unit at 200 Wellesley has been solved.

Not really a good solution overall.

My dad used to rent houses as a super. He had an experience once with finding a couch that had bed bugs a few yrs ago. He left it outside all winter thinking it'd kill them, but they are very hard to kill and survived. he ended up having to bag it & take it to the dumpster. I've heard of bed bugs recently on the news, they can get in easier then you think. I'd say just be very careful where you go & if you get anything second hand wash it in really hot water & steam dry it then leave it sit in a bag to be safe.

Last edited:
I'd say just be very careful where you go & if you get anything second hand wash it in really hot water & steam dry it then leave it sit in a bag to be safe.

You can wash second hand clothing or any bed bug infested clothes, curtains, towels, bed sheets etc. in a regular wash (cold, warm or hot) but dry them in the hot cycle in the dryer and dispose of bags that these were carried in outside immediately. Of course some things may have to be dry cleaned if they aren't washable. The bugs and eggs cannot survive the heat of a properly operating and vented dryer providing it is not overloaded and/or still damp when the cycle is complete. If you have bed bugs and are washing everything to prevent throwing them out have a good supply of garbage bags at the ready to seal everything that has been washed & dried until you are certain that the problem has been solved in your home.

Back