News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 568     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Bayview/Sheppard (NY Towers)

The area north of Bayview Village and north on Burbank are one of my favourite suburban areas in the GTA. I could see myself living in one of those bungalows. Just wish they would keep the monster homes out.

That's interesting - the school situation. I'm not surprised Haig is full but Vanier does seem a bit far.
How often do people in Toronto have to travel two main streets over to get to their school? It'd be a heck of a bike ride because of the valley at Leslie Street and by transit you'd have to take the subway to Don Mills and then the bus.

Not TERRIBLE but farther than average, I suspect.

That's interesting - the school situation. I'm not surprised Haig is full but Vanier does seem a bit far.
How often do people in Toronto have to travel two main streets over to get to their school? It'd be a heck of a bike ride because of the valley at Leslie Street and by transit you'd have to take the subway to Don Mills and then the bus.

Not TERRIBLE but farther than average, I suspect.

Not too much farther than average, though, if you look at the catchment areas for each school. Note that people living in condos in the Avondale area at Yonge & the 401 also get shuttled off to Vanier. Check out some of the boundary maps on the TDSB website...

With regards to the public schools, there's a misunderstanding with some of the school districts. As a guideline though, once you go south of the 401, you'll be in a different school district. From there, depending on whether you're west or east of Bayview, you'll either be at Owen PS or Harrison/Dunlace PS and either St. Andrew's Jr HS or Windfields Jr HS, all feeding into York Mills CI. The condos across from Bayview Village would be assigned Crestview PS, Woodbine Jr HS and Georges Vanier HS.

With regards to the public schools, there's a misunderstanding with some of the school districts. As a guideline though, once you go south of the 401, you'll be in a different school district. From there, depending on whether you're west or east of Bayview, you'll either be at Owen PS or Harrison/Dunlace PS and either St. Andrew's Jr HS or Windfields Jr HS, all feeding into York Mills CI. The condos across from Bayview Village would be assigned Crestview PS, Woodbine Jr HS and Georges Vanier HS.

What I've been told is that the kids from the older homes go to Earl Haig (I think) and the schools that feed into it, while kids who live in NY Towers go to Woodbine and then Vanier.

Back