News   Apr 24, 2024
 969     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 627     0 

Bay Street Corridor

Are they doing any other parts of Bay ???

This is a great project they are doing. There are two huge trenches of dirt between Grosvenor and Wellesley (north and south of Breedlebaine) with built in irrigation systems and rain traps to collect water and feed the irrigation system. I walk by this project every day and it really helps the street look less sterile. I wish they were doing more like this.

Also, the boarding is down on the north end of Burano with a new traffic light and a partial sidewalk.

From Bay and Grosvenor, looking north:

BayandGrosvenor.jpg

AoD

Interesting work they've been doing on this street! It's looking much more lively than I remember.

I was trying to think about what it looked like before, so here's a screen shot from Google Streetview, which dates back to July 2009.

Click to Enlarge!
bay and grosvenor, 2009.jpg

Attachments

• bay and grosvenor, 2009.jpg
    bay and grosvenor, 2009.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,158
Interesting work they've been doing on this street! It's looking much more lively than I remember.

I was trying to think about what it looked like before, so here's a screen shot from Google Streetview, which dates back to July 2009.

Click to Enlarge! View attachment 9040

Thanks for posting that. Those old tree coffins were brutal and never allowed for the roots to gain any traction. The new planters look great.

The new planters are terrific along this stretch but as much as I love trees and tree canape I think that two rows of trees down the middle of a busy downtown sidewalk is a bit of overkill.

The new planters are terrific along this stretch but as much as I love trees and tree canape I think that two rows of trees down the middle of a busy downtown sidewalk is a bit of overkill.

I thought it would be awkward too but this side walk is big and it's not that busy. It's probably 3x the size or a normal sidewalk. Even with the caution tape blocking off the construction site I don't find it over crowded and I walk it everyday.

I'm hoping the addition of parking will inspire business other than cheap lunch spots and coffee shops to open up along the street. That space at Grenville and College seems like it would be great place to open up a restaurant as a replacement to Bistro 990. Nothing to pricey, just something with good table service.

Does anyone know the status of 880 Bay? THey've started demolishing the old piece of Women's College that was behind those buildings but the whole thing was supposed to be turned into a major office tower for the Ontario Government. Now it seems that 880 Bay is still occupied by workers despite the demo of the other building, making me wonder what will happen at this site.

does anyone know the status of 880 bay? They've started demolishing the old piece of women's college that was behind those buildings but the whole thing was supposed to be turned into a major office tower for the ontario government. Now it seems that 880 bay is still occupied by workers despite the demo of the other building, making me wonder what will happen at this site.

bump

Does anyone know the status of 880 Bay? THey've started demolishing the old piece of Women's College that was behind those buildings but the whole thing was supposed to be turned into a major office tower for the Ontario Government. Now it seems that 880 Bay is still occupied by workers despite the demo of the other building, making me wonder what will happen at this site.

BUmp...eventually somebody will know teh answer to this.

Back