News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 855     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Little Update

Yay Steel
DSC_2122.jpg

More steel and what looks to be a third crane, second mobile one.
DSC_2126.jpg

Some Forms
DSC_2129.jpg

Signs that show that the sidewalk is probs going to be closed during the erection of the steel.
DSC_2127.jpg

Some of the hoarding was taken down, I assume this has to do with the sidewalk closing signs and the steel.
DSC_2130.jpg

Its really sweet to see the building at ground level, no-more hole.
DSC_2131.jpg

The final, nice november day in TO.
DSC_2135.jpg

Awesome. Thanks for the pics guys. Caltrane, keep your hands out of your pants ;)

By my estimates, we may be seeing something horizontal by the end of next week or maybe earlier.

awesome pics, everyone....that stretch of Adelaide is going to be like the Grand Canyon....:eek:

When I shot my photos on Sunday, I was sure the erection of the steel work was not far off as shim plates where grouted in place on the Bay side.

I am surprise how small these columns are.

Need to take a closer look on Wed or Thurs if I have time.

Anyway, nice to see a steel building go up.

It's amazing how, unlike most of the other big Skyscrapers, the building comes right out to the sidewalk. And not even an extra wide sidewalk, but like 4m from the cars on the street.

I was hoping for more erections today, but oh well.

What I really like about this steel is it gives you a great idea about proportions of the building. We can start to get a feel for the foot-print this tower is going to have.

Paul

^^ I was thinking that too. The steel, once it start to rise will be going really quick. But the concrete at RBC takes a lot of time between each cycle. I wonder what the height difference is right now between the two projects?

Paul

Addition steel columns going up tonight. The reason they do this at night is the trucks being used to bring in the columns are too large to drive in the city during the day. The city requires they only come in at night.

One other interesting thing: these lower level columns are too heavy to be lifted by the main crane. Hence the use of a mobile crane. Got this info from one of the workers getting ready for tonight's shift.

Back