News   Jul 15, 2024
 715     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 877     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 625     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Pretty soon we will have another concrete stump there in place of the last one

"buildings don't grow on trees but they grow from stumps"
Brookfield Properties

I take it this looks like a long-term closure then? Any signs that predict the length of the closure?

Where's the crane

It seems an oddity to me that they are started pouring concrete walls into the hole for the new building, but they have not yet erected the crane. I don't know that i've seen a project like that before. I'll try and get some overhead pictures tomorrow if I have the time. I'm not sure where the crane is going to go at this point.

It seems an oddity to me that they are started pouring concrete walls into the hole for the new building, but they have not yet erected the crane. I don't know that i've seen a project like that before. I'll try and get some overhead pictures tomorrow if I have the time. I'm not sure where the crane is going to go at this point.

Yes - i noticed and was curious about that one too... They actually use mobile (car) cranes that park on north side of the hole and swing concrete pouring "buckets" to the position...

Can someone please explain what is happen directly east of the hole? Are they prepping this space for a second tower or is it just nothing at the moment?

p5

I think we need a FAQ section.

Directly east of the hole is the former stump, which will become a public square in the new plan, flanked east and west by towers.

Talking of stumps, has anyone noticed what they recently did to that poor tree in Berczy Park?

It's got no limbs!:eek:

^It's just a flesh wound!

monty%20python%20and%20the%20holy%20grail.jpg

Bill

Back