News   Oct 09, 2024
 650     3 
News   Oct 09, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Oct 09, 2024
 489     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Re: No Crane.

There should be retail at the base of this building!!!

I would have thought that at least the facade part of the building would have retail.

I dunno... seems to be at odds with a clean design (other than the aforementioned facade). Imagine retail at the base of Commerce Court...

Re: lobby

i dont see it fitting in...it's a huge office tower, better to hide the retail below-ground...

Yeh I would agree that retail would be more appropriate below ground, although a restaurant (and I don't mean a quiznos) might be good at grade- perhaps for the faux facade element.

Despite the run-of-the-mill form, the building might look quite nice if clear glass is used.

guys were working today
100_0013.jpg

100_0014.jpg

100_0015.jpg

NEW YORK — Brookfield Properties Corp. has reported first-quarter profit of $53-million or 20 cents per share, up from a year-ago profit of $49-million or 21 cents per share.

Revenue rose to $641-million from $394-million, and funds from operations increased to $129-million from $103-million.

Operating profit advanced to $317-million from $170-million in commercial property operations, and to $42-million from $25-million on residential real estate.

The North American property manager and developer, controlled and 49 per cent owned by Brookfield Asset Management Inc. of Toronto, said Friday it leased 1.6 million square feet of space during the quarter at an average of $22 per square foot, while 1.8 million square feet of leases expired at an average of $17 per square foot.

The company ended the quarter with an occupancy rate of 95 per cent.

Brookfield Properties is splitting its stock three-for-two effective May 4 on the Toronto Stock Exchange and May 23 on the New York Stock Exchange. It also is increasing its quarterly dividend by 11 per cent to 14 cents (U.S.) per share on a post-split basis.

The company said it has achieved 38 per cent pre-leasing at its Bay Adelaide Centre development in downtown Toronto. The 1.1-million-square-foot building, on a prime site where construction was aborted by previous property-market busts, it to be completed in 2009.

During the first quarter Brookfield Properties — which has interests in 113 office properties including the World Financial Center in Manhattan, BCE Place in Toronto, Bank of America Plaza in Los Angeles and Bankers Hall in Calgary — sold the Atrium on Bay in Toronto and 2200 and 2204 Walkley Road in Ottawa, booking a gain of $47-million.

“With increasing rental rates and decreasing vacancy rates in all of our markets, we are well positioned to take advantage of market conditions through the lease-up of the portfolio as well as the recapture and re-letting of under-utilized space,†stated CEO Ric Clark.

“With five developments under construction and another strong quarter from our residential operations, Brookfield Properties is off to a solid start in 2007.â€

38% is alot more than just KPMG, AFAIK - great news! - onto phase 2

I imagine they're already thinking about phase 2. I wonder if they are going with the approved height of around 590ft, or if they plan to appeal for more density.

38% doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm sure by the time this thing is built they'll have a lot of it leased.

Thats 418,000 sq ft. which seems like a lot. However, there is no way they will move onto the next tower so early on, when 62% of the building is still unleased.

There's an advertisment in today's Globe announcing a new tennant for BA: Goodman's LLP. There's also a rendering that's less distorted than the previous one.

Back