News   Jun 14, 2024
 2K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 790     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

7 November 2008 photo update

Just after noon today, BA looked brilliant, like a mysterious minimal "painting" the sky.... like a distant view of the mountains?

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

I found this image on Brisbin Brook Beynon's website. It seems there were some radically different plans for the Bay Adelaide Centre at one point: Brookfield must have given up imagining the place as an office complex for a while.

3022883536_b522a08703_o.jpg

That rendering looks awesome. Nothing of that sort for Toronto. Anyhow I guess the space is not big enough for it.

The space is big enough - it's just that it's going to hold two office towers and a condotel there instead of what is pictured here.

I don't think the space looks awesome at all... just remove the render people so you have a bunch of uninhabited curvy walkways and voila! You have the result.

Much like the "other" outdoor BA urban space already in service (very pretty, very lonely except for 20 minutes near noon, Mon-Fri).

I don't think the space looks awesome at all... just remove the render people so you have a bunch of uninhabited curvy walkways and voila! You have the result.

Much like the "other" outdoor BA urban space already in service (very pretty, very lonely except for 20 minutes near noon, Mon-Fri).

I totally agree with you 3D. I can understand the instant sensationalism that is probably the cause of most of the reactions we have seen here so far. That is not a criticism; I just think that if most people really took a good hard look at that render, they will end up with a headache. Way too much going on there, and not enough datum.

Sure beats TLS.

My crawlspace beats TLS.

Actually, that open space looks like the park that is presently there.

And places do not glow like that in the middle of the day. This would have just been a glass enclosed shopping mall.

It'd also be pretty inappropriate for that spot, right in the financial core. This is where height and density should be at a maximum.

I disagree. While it's not always bustling, Cloud Park certainly has its share of daily visitors. I do think the greenhouse section should be open more, but on the whole I love this little oasis.

Whenever I visit, there seems to be a number of people engaging in different activities. Office dwellers tiding their hunger under the trees, skateboarders utilizing the ledges and gaps, bums 'just tryin' to get by,' and me, observing it all. Sure, it may not be the most vibrant space in the city but it does work.

Hoarding has gone up on the south side of Adelaide, right in line with where the PATH connection is supposed to run, so I take it they're starting work on that now.

Back