News   Jun 27, 2024
 426     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 462     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 469     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Today from University avenue:

2785469112_c874c72948_b.jpg

^ It'd be cool if they stopped the steel at this point. A cool little stump at the top as a reminder of what was once there. ;)

I'd die if they just stopped there. _ They need to finish this thing, 20 years of stump is enough. - Why create a reminder?

Once this building is framed up, and clad up..probably by or before the end of the year, I will move on to my next love affair which I thought was going to be the Ritz, but the glass on MLS is above par. (so you never know..)

Anyways....

I'll find something to occupy myself..

.. I hope...

I think it'll be shorter. But as I've said above, uniformity in a complex isn't inherently negative. The TD Centre pulls it off, and it's not like they're building a cluster of commie blocks here.

It's still a single complex, and the next towers won't have that much of a presence on the skyline. As long as there aren't that many new projects around the city that look similar, the complex will be fine.

I think from the east the other towers will have a presence.

The next phase which is the 45 story office tower looks identical to its bigger brother,dont know much on the design of the 3rd tower which is to be a 40-45 story condo,hopefully they can increase the height to around 200 meters.

I'm praying they scrap the original 3 tower phase in favour of a supertall as the north tower!

I don't mean to be a shit disturber, but when I saw the tower first hand yesterday, the glass looked kinda cheap...

Anyone else agree, or am I alone on this one?

Back