News   Jul 12, 2024
 303     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 201     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 422     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

I really wish the glass were a bit more exciting. I have a feeling that when all is said and done that this will be one of those buildings that people barely notice.

Waterloo, it's taking like 2 days to load your pictures. How about thumbnails that we can click on if we choose?

I absolutely love the progression of the Toronto skyline!

Cities go through periods where their skylines seem to stay unchanged for a chunk of time. Toronto's, as is New York right now, is really starting to redefine its skyline and it's a lot of fun to watch!

Seeing the Bay Adelaide Center peek it's way through the skyline from the Island is really exciting! I can't wait for the L Tower, Aura, 1 Bloor and the rest of Cityplace to be built.

Viva la progress!

I absolutely love the progression of the Toronto skyline!

Cities go through periods where their skylines seem to stay unchanged for a chunk of time. Toronto's, as is New York right now, is really starting to redefine its skyline and it's a lot of fun to watch!

Seeing the Bay Adelaide Center peek it's way through the skyline from the Island is really exciting! I can't wait for the L Tower, Aura, 1 Bloor and the rest of Cityplace to be built.

Viva la progress!

I'm quite interested to see the impact of all the new proposals in the entertainment distract... looking forward to Maldive's next render of the future skyline.

Am I the only one that thinks Toronto looked better in 1999 than today; aka, without all those cheap tacky waterfront condo's they've built during the last decade?

Actually I'd agreee at least as far as city place is concerned.

I think that second photo is a bit older than 1999 if we want to be picky...

it looks like Metro Hall is under construction there. According to my info it was completed in 1993 so thats probably more accurate. Thats back when I lived in the city 88-93... I prefer the new look with far fewer parking lots!

i think BA missed an opportunity...perhaps to build one tower much taller rather than two of similar tall but not supertall sizes. Also the glass box is underwhelming and unoriginal...but i still have hopes its final rendition will be classy.

Yeah, it'll be great, but I think we lack height.

How do the Chicagoans do it?

I know what you mean..I was just in Chicago..talk about depressing coming back to Toronto! Don't get me started! Anyway, a 50 storey building in Chicago is simply infill and barely noticeable...that's why they continue to build such monsters there (both condo and office). Truly amazing. Check out the Chicago thread in skyscraper forum to get an idea of what they're doing there. Amazing.

I think that second photo is a bit older than 1999 if we want to be picky...

it looks like Metro Hall is under construction there. According to my info it was completed in 1993 so thats probably more accurate. Thats back when I lived in the city 88-93... I prefer the new look with far fewer parking lots!

you're probably right, the website said copyright 1999 or something like that but it could have been a slightly older image

this seems like a common complaint from you. You must not have a very good internet service...

I'm on sympatico 8MB service & it's the same prob. with me. Everything else loads in a flash

Back