News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 736     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Before I begin, I know what I'm getting myself into with this post...

The fact that it is so boxy, does not help it's height. If you look at BCE2, it's around the same height, but I feel makes more of an emotional impact to the 'looker' since it has more curves and edges. When all is said and done, B/A won't be much more than the stump it was, albeit a shit load taller.

FCP works since it's so incredibly tall. B/A, with nearly the exact same dimensions, ie corner indents, is just too short for such a massive building.

But hey, it's better than nothing.

okok, now bring it on!

A good box is better than no box

Before I begin, I know what I'm getting myself into with this post...

The fact that it is so boxy, does not help it's height. If you look at BCE2, it's around the same height, but I feel makes more of an emotional impact to the 'looker' since it has more curves and edges. When all is said and done, B/A won't be much more than the stump it was, albeit a shit load taller.

FCP works since it's so incredibly tall. B/A, with nearly the exact same dimensions, ie corner indents, is just too short for such a massive building.

But hey, it's better than nothing.

okok, now bring it on!

Nah, you are right. This building is about as boring as it could be.

Did that guy have to walk along beams to take those photos from the top of BA centre at night?

I am very curious at how the hell he got up there in the first place even.

its a big, shiny.... box. Scaled down copy of FCP all the way. an architectural bore. But atleast it fills in that massive gap in the skyline.

I agree. Perhaps in 30 years, people on the next "internet" will complain about the cladding, but I like it purely for the impact its construction has had on the skyline from all angles. I don't mean to get all tumescent here but (like Lindsay Lohan) it still is one sexy box.

I'm sorry, that was rude....;)

Nah, you are right. This building is about as boring as it could be.

I'm glad I wasn't the first one to make that statement!

This picture is a week old, but still a nice shot of the glass....

2697795689_b5f37ecfae_b.jpg

donnay at www.flickr.com

I agree. Perhaps in 30 years, people on the next "internet" will complain about the cladding, but I like it purely for the impact its construction has had on the skyline from all angles. I don't mean to get all tumescent here but (like Lindsay Lohan) it still is one sexy box.

I'm sorry, that was rude....;)

I dunno, Scotia Plaza seems more Firecrotch-chy in colour...

This building was only fun to watch construct. Once the last piece of steel is installed and the crane is dismantled, we'll be left with a mundane 50 floor corporate box with an elongated "historic" facade grafted to one corner.

Sure it is boring but word on the "street" is that the developers have something exciting up their sleeves for a roof element. Don't tell anyone, but they're going to place a giant blue sphere on top.

Sounds like pure class.

edit. in all honesty though (assuming no fins or fancy glass wing like originally proposed) a nice CC West type antenna would look good.

Or how about some crazy rides like they have at the top of the Las Vegas Stratosphere. I'm sure residents in Trump would love to watch a roller coaster or that ride that goes over the edge.

Back