News   Apr 23, 2024
 263     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 824     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 469     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

So many great pics that I'm beginning to wonder if a line is forming up top these buildings to get 'em. ;)

BA shots on Friday, and late Monday afternoon. Not a whole lot of movement on the forms

BA_FriJuly25.jpg

BA_July28-08.jpg

When the forms moved up last, that was it. - I think the concrete core is topped out. If you look at your pictures of the top of the core, you'll notice the notches at the 4 corners of the concrete core.

yeah, I agree. I think that's probably it for the core.

A couple more months of ironwork and it'll be pretty much complete!

They could not have gone higher without changing the core. The elevator bank was designed for a building of 50 floors, with individual elevator shafts ending at various floors along the way -- it would have ended up with one or two overloaded elevators handling all the additional floors in addition to the floors they were designed for.

Yeah I just noticed that too a few minutes ago, but wasn't sure. I had a feeling it was never completely dark.

The lights are back on now.
Does anyone have any insight as to when the 2nd or 3rd phase might begin?

This is definitely one of my favourite city views. B/A is certainly making an impact, it seems to be looking bigger and taller than the image I've had in my head.

2718279504_4b25d4a956_o.jpg

Before I begin, I know what I'm getting myself into with this post...

The fact that it is so boxy, does not help it's height. If you look at BCE2, it's around the same height, but I feel makes more of an emotional impact to the 'looker' since it has more curves and edges. When all is said and done, B/A won't be much more than the stump it was, albeit a shit load taller.

FCP works since it's so incredibly tall. B/A, with nearly the exact same dimensions, ie corner indents, is just too short for such a massive building.

But hey, it's better than nothing.

okok, now bring it on!

Back