News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 459     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Tarp will be use to keep the hot air in so worker can work without there heavy coats on. Allows for better production and do internal building while waiting for the current wall.

You can hear the heaters working when you walk by the place even on the opposite side of Bay today.

I'm sure they will start cladding the office floors from the first office floor (i.e. 3rd floor) and work up from there. It looks like the ground floor has a tarp-like covering, so they could be waiting until later to put the glass up there, leaving it open to make it easier to move large pieces of equipment into the lobby and mechanical floor, and the below ground PATH level.

The other complication will be the historical facade, I wonder when and how they will start rebuilding that.

http://dcnonl.com/article/id26422

EllisDon Corp. moves up at Bay-Adelaide Centre

350.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

A crane swings high up at 333 Bay Street for the new Bay-Adelaide Centre office tower in Toronto, Ontario.

Construction manager EllisDon Corp. began the 52-storey project in summer 2006 for owner Brookfield Properties Corp. Completion is scheduled for summer 2009.

The project will also include four levels of underground parking and below-grade retail space.

The office tower was designed by WZMH Architects.

Consultants are Halcrow Yolles (structural); The Mitchell Partnership (mechanical); and Mulvey & Banani International Inc. (electrical).

Subtrades include Active Excavating & Contracting; Deep Foundations Contractors Inc. (shoring/caissons); Harris Rebar; Structform International Ltd./Hardrock Forming Co. (joint venture formwork); Walters Inc. (structural steel); CBM (concrete supply); Oakdale Drywall; Three Bell Painter; Clifford (heritage); Limen Masonry/Clifford Masonry; Modern Niagara Toronto Inc. (mechanical); Guild Electric; Vipond Fire Protection; Donalco Inc. (sprayed fireproofing); Phoenix Firestopping; Sota Glazing (windows); Lorvin Steel; Continental Cabinets; City Wide Door & Hardware; Gage Metal; Stonhard; Tagg Industries; InKan Ltd.; Tractel Ltd.; Johnson Controls; Elite Industries; ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.; and Dean-Chandler Roofing.

Print | Email | Comment

Hey 3D,

Did you notice that Sota Glazing (Brampton) is handling this project also? - That should bode well for the glass, as they are in the premium curtianwall business, eh. I didn't know they would be handling the cladding (glass curtianwall) on this project. So this sounds good to me. I was looking at the pdf files on the ellisdon website and the glass really does look like it's on the very high end of the scale. And far superior to anything I've seen go up on a skyscraper in Toronto in recent memory.

Anyways, that whole 52 storeys thing, could just be a couple of skipped floors, right?

We'll find out soon enough. I'm sure.

Thanks maestro! - It looks identical to the test curtain wall above the parking lot on the East Tower Site.

Anyways....

Did anybody notice now that the winter shielding has been moved up a couple of floors that the work has been completed for the installation of the historical facade? - 1st floor preparation looks complete. Quite Interesting.
I didn't know it had moved this far so fast.

EDIT:

Sota website says Bay Adelaide is 54 storeys

Can no one get their facts striaght on this one or what?

Excellent glazing, they're also doing the curtainwall for First Waterfront Place.. At least it won't be a total dissapointment.

With demand for office space in Bay Adelaide soaring, I wouldn't be surprised if they tacked one 5 or so floors.

Does BA have the flexibility of adding more floors?

Back