News   Apr 16, 2024
 285     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 718     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 485     3 

Baby, we got a bubble!?

It's possible. At the same time, though, there are hundreds (thousands?) of buildings of a similar vintage out there in Toronto, and this one is in the news because its story is unusual.
The older condos from the 1960s to the early 1990s are the ones you want, built like fortresses. You have to settle for smaller knockout windows, that are easily and cheaply replaced. Today's condos are like today's anything, built fast, cheap and utilizing cheap China-origin components. Much of the glass used in Toronto's condos comes from China, and it's known to be shoddy.

These articles are from 2012-2015. Imagine how much argon gas has escaped between the panes since then.

There are communally owned buildings around the world, some of which are hundreds of years old, but it's true that you've managed to dig up three articles over 10 years that criticize the model.

There will always be individual buildings that have serious problems. If that's news to you, don't even think of buying a house!

This is exactly where the owners of the glass walled condos will be in 15-20 years when the half life of the window is up and the insulation values drop.
Looks like something is fishy here with the condo board
Where is the money from the reserve fund?
What happened with reserve fund study, which (I think) has to be done every 3 years...

One extreme doesn't make an argument on its own. I could point at any number of dilapidated interwar houses in the former streetcar suburbs and equally ratty post-war cousins in the outer 416. As with all assets, maintenance is key. My building is approaching 50 years, but it's in decent shape because it was maintained relatively well. You get results like the J/F condo when people cheap out.

no bargains in Guelph , at this rate(35% per year) it will be 10 million in 2032 🤣😂😅, why work in Canada when house works for you lol..
Screenshot_20220205-142334.png

Screenshot_20220205-142338.png

Last edited:
Oh my god, my friend bought a huge house in Guelph for 700 thousand in 2015. Must be worth over 3 million now.
mostly likely around 1.6 million right now , +3000sqft 2 car garage , those type of homes sold for around $700k back in 2015 , when looking at House Sigma data
but Guelph has always been expensive compared to other smaller towns , you could have also have bought a detached in Etobicoke for $700k back in 2015

place your bets on the final selling price , listed 7 days ago for $850K this detached house is only 12 feet wide and lot size of 12.07' x77' , my guess is $1.45 Million

Just a quick note on the bathrooms, they're both located in the basement, which isn't ideal when you need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. lol....

Last edited:
Today's shoe salesman is earning minimum wage and can't afford a bachelor apartment rent.
hahah yeah 😂🤣 , today's shoe salesman is living with 3 room mates in a basement apartment in less desirable part of downtown and is about to get fired after his comment when viral on twitter , but he will be ok because he is selling his rare collector Nike sneakers on Facebook marketplace
yP2epeNhurZs7Falg08BmujHeo-8FGQ6HnGRVo3Ufos.jpg

Last edited:

Back