News   Aug 27, 2024
 862     2 
News   Aug 27, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Aug 27, 2024
 557     0 

Are you avoiding Chinese-made food and consumer goods?

We've slipped from the "buns of steel" to cardboard buns. How sad can that be?

i purchased 2 products made in china recently and one of them was defective right outta the package. 1 out of 2 ain't soo bad right? :(

Well, if people want to buy cheap stuff, then don't bitch about it. Go and buy expensive stuff. Chinese products are cheap...and people take advantage of them...but once one thing is wrong...they bitch about it. Hey, you pay what you get, in most cause, they have saved you lots of money. You can't have it both way all the time.

Unfortunately, it's very difficult these days to find any electronics that aren't made in China. A friend of mine purchased an Apple MacBookPro [made in china] two weeks ago from the Apple store... $5K and the thing is already falling apart. The MagSafe adaptor failed during the first week [2 week backorder, guess they've had lots of failures] and by the second week various keys stopped functioning on it. I went to the Apple store with him today... they ordered the parts for it, and expect them to be in by the weekend. $5000 for this piece of crap.

Yikes. Apple products have been very reliable until now. My 2003 PowerBook is still going strong. It sounds like they may have made a big mistake when they signed the latest production contracts.

THIS JUST IN:

china's population is only 300 million. turns out the other billion people aren't real. they're counterfeit!

look what they found....

450px-Terracotta_warriors_pit1.jpg

chinese women have been making people out of clay!

also:

the pope has also issued a decree stating that "would be sinners" stay away from female chinese prostutes born between july 1 '83 - july 2 '83. it turns out their vaginas can malfunction and catch fire.

Here's an AP story (via NY Times) about the cardboard buns.

Beijing TV Reporter Arrested Over Cardboard-Filled Bun Hoax

A freelance reporter for a Beijing television station has been detained for faking a hidden camera report about street vendors who used chemical-soaked cardboard to fill meat buns, local media said.

The report came amid real food scares involving toxic fish, tainted pork and egg yolks colored with a cancer-causing dye that have harmed China's reputation as an exporter and alarmed people at home.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/wor...3761ac49a&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

An artificial journalist. Not like we have a shortage of them here.

Seems that people in China aren't buying into their corrupt government's assertion that the reporter fabricated the cardboard bun story...

BEIJING (AFP) - Ordinary Chinese are refusing to believe government claims that a recent media report on cardboard-filled buns was a hoax aimed at hyping the nation's food safety woes, state press said Saturday. The government's assertion that the televised report was bogus is being viewed as an attempt by authorities to stem the bad publicity over a series of recent food safety scandals that have caused anger in China and abroad, the official Xinhua news agency said.

The report generated wide national and international attention as the latest in a string of scares involving China-produced foods, including toxic seafood, virus-plagued pigs and chemical-laden toothpaste. The "expose" purportedly showed a seller of the buns, known as "baozi," softening shredded cardboard with an industrial chemical and fortifying the bogus meat with a bit of fatty pork. But following government inspections, the authorities concluded that the report was a hoax perpetrated by a temporary Beijing television station employee. Police have subsequently detained six people in connection with the case.

Earlier this month, China executed the former head of its food and drug safety watchdog for corruption, in what was widely seen as an attempt by the government to show it is serious about the problem.

I remember two Ladas. My father drove the first one into the ground in the 1980's, and the second one in the 1990's.

Back