News   Aug 27, 2024
 817     2 
News   Aug 27, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Aug 27, 2024
 549     0 

Are you avoiding Chinese-made food and consumer goods?

china is america in 1950!

in the next few months they should develop meatloaf with sawdust. never mind hemorrhoids - anal splinters anyone?

followed by dogfood with Styrofoam.

Hey, big deal; Toronto street food's been dominated by lips + anuses for ages...

Hey, big deal; Toronto street food's been dominated by lips + anuses for ages...

isn't that redundant? aren't lips and anuses essentially the same thing?

Except that most products sold at T&T do not come from China. They're made in Hong Kong, Taiwan, southeast Asia, the USA and, of course, Canada.

The exact same can be said of all other Chinese supermarkets. Most of the stuff you find in other Chinese supermarket is not even from China, let alone mainland China.

OMG, I just heard some disturbing news from a friend...he said he read it from Chinese news...but I didn't seem to see it anywhere...

This time, worse...about "stinky tofu". It is a snack food that you can get it on the street in China/HK/Taiwan. The smell is very bad but tastes good, that's why it's called "stinky". I've smelled it before, it's bad...but never tried.

Anyway, the news said they found out some used...brave yourself....feces...to make the tofu stinky. Ok, I hope it's not true, that's totally inhuman to do that.

as stinky as it may be, stinky tofu doesn't really smell like shit. i find your friend's story (or was it a friend of a friend?) hard to believe.

Besides, it isn't like we don't eat other food that's been juiced-up by fecal matter.

Is it strawberry picking season yet?

Yes. In my back garden it is also redcurrant, blackcurrant, raspberry, gooseberry and rhubarb picking season.

Bought some delicious cherries and lychees in Chinatown East yesterday afternoon.

i was reading an article about the danger to china and/or the global economy with its overheating economy and i think all this bad publicity may be the answer to its problems.

china is america in 1950!

More like America in 1890. China is a rapidly ascending power where anything goes. Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle" is eerily familiar to what we are seeing in China right now.

Back