News   Mar 28, 2024
 287     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 330     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 689     0 

Apple Store

I passed by this new high gloss white airplane hanger a couple weeks ago and thought that can only be an apple store but shrugged it off. I guess Apple has options. They could have a flagship in a couple weeks at King and Yonge if they wanted.

That would be kind of a lousy location, no? I mean, I can kind of see it, but it wouldn't really allow them to do anything particularly adventurous. Not for a flagship, at any rate.

That would be kind of a lousy location, no? I mean, I can kind of see it, but it wouldn't really allow them to do anything particularly adventurous. Not for a flagship, at any rate.
Foster+Partners has designed incredible buildings around the world for Apple. This is one of them. They’re not going to just take an empty space down the block and say yeah, this will do…

Foster+Partners has designed incredible buildings around the world for Apple. This is one of them. They’re not going to just take an empty space down the block and say yeah, this will do…
No doubt but they're likely also not going to wait 5 years for it to be built. Always two sides to the story.

Mizrahi is under investigation from PwC. You think his lenders are just going to ignore that? What happens when a lender pulls out? Read development lending contracts... they're actually VERY strict.

Now I'm not saying the building will take 5 years to build, I'm just saying, there will be significant roadblocks given the new financing scrutiny coming to light. Apple obviously has heard something, otherwise, I don't think Mizrahi announced that the building is delayed.

No doubt but they're likely also not going to wait 5 years for it to be built. Always two sides to the story.

Mizrahi is under investigation from PwC. You think his lenders are just going to ignore that? What happens when a lender pulls out? Read development lending contracts... they're actually VERY strict.

Now I'm not saying the building will take 5 years to build, I'm just saying, there will be significant roadblocks given the new financing scrutiny coming to light. Apple obviously has heard something, otherwise, I don't think Mizrahi announced that the building is delayed.
This all could be a nothing burger too...you know, the second side of this story. Until such time actual new news is made available that states otherwise, enjoy the pics and progression of this building.

100 Bloor West is available. Definitely a signature property and no doubt has been explored by Apple. The One was offering 9,000sq. ft. on main floor and 6,000 sq. ft. on 2nd. 100 Bloor has 8,172 sq. ft. on main and 8,582 on 2nd. Not a perfect fit, but pretty close. Anyway, Apple does have options.

100 Bloor West is available. Definitely a signature property and no doubt has been explored by Apple. The One was offering 9,000sq. ft. on main floor and 6,000 sq. ft. on 2nd. 100 Bloor has 8,172 sq. ft. on main and 8,582 on 2nd. Not a perfect fit, but pretty close. Anyway, Apple does have options.
Yes, no doubt the richest company in the world has options. Time will tell how they choose to exercise them. My bet is they will be open in time for holiday shopping at the corner of Bloor and Yonge.

Yes, no doubt the richest company in the world has options. Time will tell how they choose to exercise them. My bet is they will be open in time for holiday shopping at the corner of Bloor and Yonge.
Yeah I'm sure Apple is only concerned about a possible delay with the building. Not like they care if the developer is under investigation by PwC or anything, right?

We'll all be here in a few months :)

100 Bloor is under contract... not sure who has it under contract.

Vague recollection of Apple pulling out of the project at 1 Bloor but haven't heard anything recently. Did they kiss & make up?

Vague recollection of Apple pulling out of the project at 1 Bloor but haven't heard anything recently.
Never happened. Perhaps a search of the forum would get you the answer you're looking for; otherwise it comes across as trolling in a forum that gets weekly "Mizrahi's failing" posts.

Last edited:
So....with Apple reporting pulling out of the One, are they going to try to build somewhere else, or just stick with their current stores for the time being?

So....with Apple reporting pulling out of the One, are they going to try to build somewhere else, or just stick with their current stores for the time being?

Apple must be more than happy with the current stores. If they really wanted another store they would have built one by now. The company is worth nearly 3 trillion.

Back