News   Feb 03, 2023
 6.8K     0 
News   Feb 03, 2023
 6.9K     0 

Apple Store

T.E.C.II

Member Bio
Reaction score
I passed by this new high gloss white airplane hanger a couple weeks ago and thought that can only be an apple store but shrugged it off. I guess Apple has options. They could have a flagship in a couple weeks at King and Yonge if they wanted.

That would be kind of a lousy location, no? I mean, I can kind of see it, but it wouldn't really allow them to do anything particularly adventurous. Not for a flagship, at any rate.

UpwithOlives

Member Bio
Reaction score
That would be kind of a lousy location, no? I mean, I can kind of see it, but it wouldn't really allow them to do anything particularly adventurous. Not for a flagship, at any rate.
Foster+Partners has designed incredible buildings around the world for Apple. This is one of them. They’re not going to just take an empty space down the block and say yeah, this will do…

Cryptopreneur

Member Bio
Reaction score
Foster+Partners has designed incredible buildings around the world for Apple. This is one of them. They’re not going to just take an empty space down the block and say yeah, this will do…
No doubt but they're likely also not going to wait 5 years for it to be built. Always two sides to the story.

Mizrahi is under investigation from PwC. You think his lenders are just going to ignore that? What happens when a lender pulls out? Read development lending contracts... they're actually VERY strict.

Now I'm not saying the building will take 5 years to build, I'm just saying, there will be significant roadblocks given the new financing scrutiny coming to light. Apple obviously has heard something, otherwise, I don't think Mizrahi announced that the building is delayed.

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
No doubt but they're likely also not going to wait 5 years for it to be built. Always two sides to the story.

Mizrahi is under investigation from PwC. You think his lenders are just going to ignore that? What happens when a lender pulls out? Read development lending contracts... they're actually VERY strict.

Now I'm not saying the building will take 5 years to build, I'm just saying, there will be significant roadblocks given the new financing scrutiny coming to light. Apple obviously has heard something, otherwise, I don't think Mizrahi announced that the building is delayed.
This all could be a nothing burger too...you know, the second side of this story. Until such time actual new news is made available that states otherwise, enjoy the pics and progression of this building.

Midtown Hank

Member Bio
Reaction score
100 Bloor West is available. Definitely a signature property and no doubt has been explored by Apple. The One was offering 9,000sq. ft. on main floor and 6,000 sq. ft. on 2nd. 100 Bloor has 8,172 sq. ft. on main and 8,582 on 2nd. Not a perfect fit, but pretty close. Anyway, Apple does have options.

UpwithOlives

Member Bio
Reaction score
100 Bloor West is available. Definitely a signature property and no doubt has been explored by Apple. The One was offering 9,000sq. ft. on main floor and 6,000 sq. ft. on 2nd. 100 Bloor has 8,172 sq. ft. on main and 8,582 on 2nd. Not a perfect fit, but pretty close. Anyway, Apple does have options.
Yes, no doubt the richest company in the world has options. Time will tell how they choose to exercise them. My bet is they will be open in time for holiday shopping at the corner of Bloor and Yonge.

Cryptopreneur

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yes, no doubt the richest company in the world has options. Time will tell how they choose to exercise them. My bet is they will be open in time for holiday shopping at the corner of Bloor and Yonge.
Yeah I'm sure Apple is only concerned about a possible delay with the building. Not like they care if the developer is under investigation by PwC or anything, right?

We'll all be here in a few months :)

pw20

Member Bio
Reaction score
100 Bloor is under contract... not sure who has it under contract.

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
Just here (a little late) to record that word on the street is that Apple and Mizrahi have settled their differences and everything is back on track for the flagship Apple store at The One.

The most logical solution really - especially when construction is accelerating. So I guess we won't be getting an Artizia there afterall.

AoD