News   Apr 19, 2024
 309     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 546     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 917     3 

Apple Store

I have further pieces of information.

Apple negotiated aesthetic rights to the common area in front of their store. What this means is that Apple can install their tree planters and trees in front of the store rather than Eaton Centre’s plantings and furnishes.

b1fac178e222e2cf439b707d7ed138cb.jpg

Second: Apple’s new ground level space goes all the way to the western edge of the mall on to James Street. Currently, Abercrombie uses the back of their store for stock rooms. Apple might be looking ahead at a time when Old City Hall is redeveloped into the Museum of Toronto and James St is closed to traffic and becomes a pedestrian street or public square. Apple’s flagships have public plazas with seating, tables, and entertainment and other programming.

Finally, the biggest unknown is whether Apple will vacate their existing store. The space below the existing Apple Store matches the edge of the consolidated space where Apple is going. The south edge (Scotch & Soda) lines up with the second floor Apple Store. The norther edge of Abercrombie matches the edge of Lulu Lemon. Incidentally, Lulu Lemon has also been confirmed to be vacating its space. Ann Taylor is the only remaining space in between. If we find out that that store is closing as well, then there’s a very good case to to be made that Apple Eaton Centre will be a two story flagship.

hoTzxEM.gif

Last edited:
Finally, the biggest unknown is whether Apple will vacate their existing store. The space below the existing Apple Store matches the edge of the consolidated space where Apple is going. The south edge (Scotch & Soda) lines up with the second floor Apple Store. The norther edge of Abercrombie matches the edge of Lulu Lemon. Incidentally, Lulu Lemon has also been confirmed to be vacating its space. Ann Taylor is the only remaining space in between. If we find out that that store is closing as well, then there’s a very good case to to be made that Apple Eaton Centre will be a two story flagship.

If all this were to come true, would there still be a business case for the other rumored flagship store at Yonge & Bloor?

If it does happen, I imagine they'll just take the Abercrombie space. Even with the Yonge+Bloor space, the Eaton Centre space badly needs a renovation and expansion.

If it does happen, I imagine they'll just take the Abercrombie space. Even with the Yonge+Bloor space, the Eaton Centre space badly needs a renovation and expansion.

Both floors combined, it’s about 20,000 sq/ft. Not out of line with modern flagship Apple Stores which have segregated areas for different activities.

Both floors combined, it’s about 20,000 sq/ft. Not out of line with modern flagship Apple Stores which have segregated areas for different activities.
Would they be allowed to take the washroom corridor between Ann Taylor and Lululemon though?

Glad to see the move confirmed by an application to the City! No mention of anything other than alternations to the unit that Abercrombie is in yet, but I assume there's much more to come!

35478-119738.png

Front page story here.

It’s happening. Old AF is closed, Scotch and Soda is closed and Baby Gap is moving. Apple has indeed assembled the 3 stores as their new downtown flagship.
B149F7F0-4A22-4C59-8473-03476BFF014B.jpeg
BB34CBA3-C5B7-4958-9947-453A0C43855D.jpeg
0A6B3B5E-6B43-4A5C-B989-E66699EDBDB9.jpeg

It’s happening. Old AF is closed, Scotch and Soda is closed and Baby Gap is moving. Apple has indeed assembled the 3 stores as their new downtown flagship.

I guess it will the flagship for a relatively short time until the new flagship opens at 1 Bloor West. ?

AF was moving stock across to their new location this morning.

Yeah, the new A&F opens May 5th and Baby GAP is closing around the same time. Seems like Apple will take possession in early May. We'll probably see black hoarding go up around the three stores soon after, though I can see Apple building from the back of the store with access to James Street. If we see hoarding on the outside, we'll know that this is going to be much bigger than just a store inside the mall. Cadillac Fairview and Apple could be planning to finally make use of James Street and open the mall towards a future Toronto Museum (Old City Hall) and a public square.

A two-storey, downtown flagship would be awesome and wholly justified. Get rid of Ann Taylor!

I wish but I had already confirmed that Canada Goose is taking Apple’s existing space. Had they not, it would have looked very much like a 2 story flagship with the lower level stores matching perfectly with the store above plus Ann Taylor and Lulu Lemon’s old space.

Back