News   Mar 28, 2024
 534     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 410     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 751     0 

androiduk's My Toronto

Those Coca Cola 'button' signs are getting less common. I wonder if a lot of them end up in peoples condos as decoration

galleyfoodmkt.jpg

Android: These Coca-Cola "button" signs are highly collectible-I think that these are 50s vintage and note how nice they are as compared to the accompanying sign boards...
I am intrigued by the yellow dot under the word "Coca-Cola" - is it just a dot or does it have letters or numbers inside?
If I noticed them I would walk in that store and ask about them....LI MIKE

A CN grade crossing "encounter?"

Time to move that car buddy!

cartrain.jpg

Android: What is the location of this pic?
I realize that this is a telephoto lens and I also looked to note if the locomotive's headlight was on...
How close was that crossing to the front end of the train? Was the train moving when you took the pic?
I believe that the train crew would "flag" that crossing if there is no gate or other warning protection device present...
As you and many know an automobile is no match to rail equipment in size or weight...
Think of it this way: "If it is a tie the auto loses!" LI MIKE

Hi Mike. From left to right. Bayview Ave,Don river,Don Valley Parkway. The bridge is Gerrard St. To the right of the orange building, that ancient structure is the Don Jail. The rail line also carries GO trains.

Don't forget to turn your clocks back this weekend

clox.jpg

Android: This pic makes me think of two songs: "Time" by Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon album) and "Time has Come Today" by the Chambers Brothers...one of the best "Phychedelic" songs of all time...
And Salvador Dali staring at you also...LI MIKE

Christie & Dupont. That's one attractive building, although I could live without those blue signs.

bmochristie.jpg

Toronto has so many unique and attractive Beaux-Arts banks at major intersections. They're often built of stone. This one is exceptional with its warm stone and details that are somehow both subdued and pronounced. (The paradox is a matter of proportions, I suspect.)

Here we are in the vast expanse of North York. Two buildings side by side. Both have an Optical store on the ground floor and both have an Optician on the 2nd floor. Sometimes the city isn't big enough.

2opticians.jpg

Android: These Coca-Cola "button" signs are highly collectible-I think that these are 50s vintage and note how nice they are as compared to the accompanying sign boards...
If we had known that then.... We used to tow these signs behind our snowmobiles and take turns riding in they. I remember they were quite heavy.

Back