News   Jul 18, 2024
 292     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 468     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 653     1 

androiduk's My Toronto

Graphic Arts Building, Richmond & Sheppard St.

graphic.jpg

This place shouldn't have survived but has. A gem that we can continue to appreciate.

He has numerous small tubes strategically placed throughout his body and the office equipment and then the water is turned on. But I like Urban Shocker's explanation better, mine is kind of dry.

Does anyone remember when this was a Thrifty's? As part of the store, they had a riding equipment section. You could get you hacking jackets cheaper here than at Barringtons on Front street. Barringtons is also gone of course; there is a shop there selling souvenirs and Christmas decorations now. All the young horsie minded girls bought their stuff at Thrifty's and hung around Sunnybrook stables in their jodphurs and tweed coats.
Never knew it was a Thrifty's. However, despite living in the nabe for many years (until recently) I've always refused to patron Gino's Pizza just for the very reason that they've turned the building into an embarassment.

I'm not sure about the Richmond St. side but if you look at the picture the windows and hallway you see are just inside the Queen St. doors. They have some very comfy chairs in the lobby where you can sit and admire the scene. The Sheraton has one of my favourite hotel lobbys in the city, there's always lots going on.

Back