News   Jul 19, 2024
 849     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.7K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

androiduk's My Toronto

^^ Funny guys. There is a 4 storey garage at the base of the office building on the northeast corner of Carlton & Yonge. The one with the small cutouts just big enough to poke your head through.

Of all the years of walking past that building , I never knew it was a parking lot. I was kinda hoping you had a jetpac but for taking photo's wouldn't you need a hoverpac?

12868_244467149198_617899198_4434981_7152801_n.jpg

An interesting roof-line look of older and newer Toronto...

Roof lines at York & Front

ryroof.jpg

Android: I found this picture interesting because of the contrast of the old
and new architecture on these buildings roof lines - I recognize Royal Bank
as the newer building and the Royal York Hotel's older copper or bronze-based
roof as the older one-a Toronto classic...LI MIKE

College looking west from Yonge

collegesepia.jpg

Android: Good picture of the intersection of Yonge/College looking W- the black/white makes it look older but the autos and
the Yonge St. overhead sign date it as recent...I remember the building containing the Ontario Motor League/CAA and I never
realized that those squares hid a parking garage area remembering all the times I had walked past that point...a good street
vantage point as I now know...LI MIKE

A Perfect way to advertise-on a Ontario vanity license plate!

Great way to advertise one's business. http://www.mrloft.ca/

mrloft.jpg

Android: I found this picture interesting because the web address fits perfectly on
a Ontario 8-character vanity license plate - a neat way to advertise...

As a license plate collector I tend to notice these plates more often and I really
like seeing them when they are clever - like this one is...

The trouble to me is Ontario's high price to obtain vanity plates-$251.65 for a plate that has
from 2 to 8 characters...I feel that with a more reasonable price there would be more out there...

New York has allowed 8 character vanity plates since 1978 and even though they
charge extra fees per year they have been popular over time...They have been made with a flat
silkscreening process since November 1995 (Liberty plate issue) but I feel that embossed plates
appear better and also will hold up better over time...The current fees for NY vanity plates is:
Initial Cost: $60 and $31.25 extra yearly - that fee also covers non-personalized Custom Plates
that NY issues...Personalized Custom Plates cost $91.25 initially and $62.50 extra yearly...

NY Custom Plates are those that include Sports,Regional,Military,NASCAR and other types...

There are not many North American jursdictions that allow 8 character vanity plates...
West Virginia and North Carolina are the only other US jurisdictions that also allow this...
Ontario is the only one in Canada and on a related matter Quebec and Newfoundland & Labrador
are the only provinces that still does not have vanity plates...LI MIKE

Last edited:

Back