News   Mar 28, 2024
 241     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 319     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 682     0 

Amazon Second HQ

It's also interesting that they're trying to get cities to utilize their Cloud services- which I'd imagine would difficult to migrate of off.

It's also interesting that they're trying to get cities to utilize their Cloud services- which I'd imagine would difficult to migrate of off.

If you stick with Kubernetes primitives it's actually fairly easy to migrate off to either your own or a competitor (Google or Microsoft at the moment, though many others are testing platforms).

It's increasingly common for larger companies to deploy across 2 or more vendors.

It is funny how American media completely ignores Toronto in all those articles.

I'm uncertain if they just can't conceive that we are in this or that Toronto is a bigger city than many of the other bids, or that we should be more doubtful about Toronto's chances.

It is funny how American media completely ignores Toronto in all those articles.

I'm uncertain if they just can't conceive that we are in this or that Toronto is a bigger city than many of the other bids, or that we should be more doubtful about Toronto's chances.

What's a Toronto?....to answer your question.

No point in confusing an ignorant audience.

Interesting- the more victories Trump gets, the higher Toronto's odds might get. I expect a decision to likely be made after the US midterms.
Arts, culture and other quality of life issues were top of mind for Amazon.com Inc. officials in discussing Toronto as a possible location for its second headquarters with the city’s mayor.

Housing affordability, immigration and transit were also hot topics in the talks earlier this year, Mayor John Tory said.
Choosing Toronto would provide a hedge against increasingly restrictive U.S. immigration policies, a big concern of tech companies since the election of Donald Trump as president; investing that much investment outside the country could also raise his ire.

The mayor said Amazon was "inscrutable" in terms of disclosing whether Toronto was a serious contender or even when it was going to decide. "They sort of call and make the odd inquiry that's checking on a fact or something, but they haven't been giving a daily update as far as I know."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-toronto-amazon-hq2-visit-20181012-story.html

I'm quite glad that Toronto won't need to bend over backwards to Amazon - although I believe we were going to give up/offer a lot less than our US counterparts.

Back