News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 652     0 

Alert function hit and miss

Kitsune

Member Bio
Reaction score
Am I the only one noticing the Alerts function is not actually alerting on everything the past couple days? ie I know there are atleast 3 threads that I have set to Alert that have new posts but no alert was received.

Not quite the same issue but also related to the Alert function: I'm not getting alerts for new messages in private conversations. Is that normal?

There was one from someone that I missed for over a year because of this which was really embarrassing because it came off as rather rude in the context of the convo.

So it's been a while. That was the last private conversation I had so I thought I maybe just missed the alert until I started another with someone else earlier this week and now notice that I am not getting alerts for this one either.

ot quite the same issue but also related to the Alert function: I'm not getting alerts for new messages in private conversations. Is that normal?

There was one from someone that I missed for over a year because of this which was really embarrassing because it came off as rather rude in the context of the convo.

So it's been a while. That was the last private conversation I had so I thought I maybe just missed the alert until I started another with someone else earlier this week and now notice that I am not getting alerts for this one either.

Check your "Alerts Preferences" in "Your Account" setting to see if "Posts On Your Profile" is checked. @MTown

I'm not getting alerts all of a sudden. Started after I logged off last night, er 3am this morning.

Regular alerts this time, not sure about messages.

The alerts don't even show up in the list of alerts.

I haven't changed any settings on the UI or in my browser.

Fixed it. For some reason, the alerts selection in my profile reset to having none selected. Not sure what could have caused that.

Back