News   Aug 22, 2019
 303     0 
News   Aug 22, 2019
 386     0 

Alert function hit and miss

Kitsune

Member Bio
Reaction score
Am I the only one noticing the Alerts function is not actually alerting on everything the past couple days? ie I know there are atleast 3 threads that I have set to Alert that have new posts but no alert was received.

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not quite the same issue but also related to the Alert function: I'm not getting alerts for new messages in private conversations. Is that normal?

There was one from someone that I missed for over a year because of this which was really embarrassing because it came off as rather rude in the context of the convo.

So it's been a while. That was the last private conversation I had so I thought I maybe just missed the alert until I started another with someone else earlier this week and now notice that I am not getting alerts for this one either.

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
ot quite the same issue but also related to the Alert function: I'm not getting alerts for new messages in private conversations. Is that normal?

There was one from someone that I missed for over a year because of this which was really embarrassing because it came off as rather rude in the context of the convo.

So it's been a while. That was the last private conversation I had so I thought I maybe just missed the alert until I started another with someone else earlier this week and now notice that I am not getting alerts for this one either.
Check your "Alerts Preferences" in "Your Account" setting to see if "Posts On Your Profile" is checked. @MTown

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score
Check your "Alerts Preferences" in "Your Account" setting to see if "Posts On Your Profile" is checked. @MTown
All boxes there were and are checked (on) and still nothing.