500 Wellington West (Freed) - Real Estate -

$7.5 million is way too much for this PH. it's clearly overpriced for about 2 million. it has only 4200 sq ft interior. at $1300 per sq ft it should be around $5.5. and also WTF with the ceiling height? this PH does not have more than 9ft ceiling. 9 ft ceiling for a $7.5 PH? come on.... I woud expect at least 11 ft ceiling for a PH in this price range

Asking price is $1,800 per sq. ft. or $7.5M. Size is 4,200 SF + 2,000 SF terrace.

I believe lower level units are available for just $800PSF.

thats just stupid ... i could buy couple of mansions in rosedale with money for major renos

Putting it into perspective, with 7.5million your could build at least one if not two giant houses, with horse stables, guest quarters, servant quarters, stunning gardens and driveways, just outside of toronto. with enough left over for a smaller Muskoka cottage!
:confused: :rolleyes:

OK, but maybe I don't want a giant house or a cottage. You can also build your own little city in Windsor with that money...but..that's not my thing either. Some prefer the condo/city lifestyle over a big house. Why would a single person buy a 5 bedroom 3000 sqft house+basement in rosedale when you can get a bachelor pad condo?

Personally, I'd opt for the house, but picking a condo isn't that far out there.

nice but not the price tag.

complete rip off. How does a buyer ever get his money back? Also the only thing unique it the pool, but people are smarter these days. I agree with the above poster-approx 2-3M over priced. Whoever buys this has to be a gangster so he can have the pool parties until the novelty is over. For 7.5M you buy a custom made home in Rodale, forest Hill, etc. Then you have "this is downtown" boxing you in. Minus the pool (which is more for show rather than function) there is nothing special about this unit for 7.5M. 1 Big room. Anyway good luck to the buyer and then good luck to reselling it one day for 7.5M+. A buyer may loose a few million down the road trying to sell it.

Joke's on them. This building shares 75 Portland's parking - with the unwashed ordinary folks. Exiting 75 Portland's garage door of a weekday morning is impossible. Wall to wall cars stuck waiting for traffic lights at King St., with king st. delivery trucks making the rounds to local restaurants, backing up and genrally blocking traffic. Each day. Every weekday.

Maybe, maybe, a nice stranger will open a gap for you. How's that for a milionaire lifestyle

Or, as many said, how about a nice detached multi-car garage/carriage house, with a heated driveway natually, in Forest hill or Rosedale. With enough left over for a small Muskoka cottage.

"But I dont want that lifestyle" many whine LOL.

Brad Lamb sold his former penthouse at 32 Stewart Street for just under $900,000 when the market was at its slowest. I believe it was sold again a few years later for $1.3m.
It was nowhere as large as the PH at 500 Wellington but it's on two levels and has it's own private rooftop deck with a swimming pool large enough to swim laps. A bargain in comparison.

This PH on Wellington could make some good money renting it out for TV and film scenes (if the condo association allows it), but besides that I agree that it is grossly overpriced. You could replicate the marble bathroom and build a much useable pool in a bigger house with more privacy in a more exclusive neighbourhood for less.

I guess it will not sell so it's for rent?? Come on now - does anything in say NY or Hollywood rent for even $35,000/month? :confused: :rolleyes:

The cheapy This is Downtown condos are being built next door. Starting in the 200's....and the realtors call this street" millionaires row in some ads... :eek:

For Rent: $35,000/Monthly

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=12101760&PidKey=743928853

General Description
The Ultimate Full Floor Penthouse In Toronto's Most Exclusive Residence. Approx. 6200 Sqft Of Professionally Designed Living Space Including A 2000 Sqft Private Roof Top Terrace With Raised Glass Pool, Hot Tub, Outdoor Kitchen & Unobstructed Panoramic City Views. 2 Private Elevators, 10Ft Smooth Ceilings, Floor To Ceiling Windows, Gourmet Scavolini Kitchen, Wide Plank H/W Flooring, Wood Burning Fireplace W/Marble Feature Wall. **** EXTRAS **** Sub Zero Pro Fridge/Freezer W/Glass Door, Sub Zero Wine Fridge, Viking Gas Cook Top, Viking Microwave, Gaggenau Dishwasher, Double Thick Edged Marble Counter Tops, Closet Organizers, Outdoor Bbq Station.

Back