395     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 443     0 

47-49 Sheppard Ave E (Lev, ?s, ?)

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
From the Lobbyist Registry we learn the fate of this existing office building is in play.

Lev Developments Inc has registered to lobby, beginning January 1st, 2024 on the fate of this site.

We do have at least one idea about their plans, in that the lobbying will both for a ZBA and an OPA.

It's easy to infer that there will be a mixed-use proposal here, featuring residential. I imagine, however, they may also be seeking to reduce or entirely eliminate the office component.

Streetview:

1703015888144.png

Aerial View:

1703016017289.png

This is a very large site at 1.1ha / 2.75 acres

How many buildings one can site here depends on the extend of any internal road network, as well as whether there's an on-site park.

But I would suggest 3 buildings is conservative, and 4 a real possibility.

Height precedent is 34s to the immediate west, new North York Ring Road south extension will be the site boundary to the east.

As this is in the heart of @sunnyraytoronto country, we must solicit his thoughts.

Wasn't this part of 55 Sheppard Ave E that die a number of years ago???
13730439805_d8e99003ee_b.jpg

Wasn't this part of 55 Sheppard Ave E that die a number of years ago???
13730439805_d8e99003ee_b.jpg

No, this tower was not part of that application.

Though the sales office was in this tower.

The 55 Sheppard East site is now owned by the City, and will be used for the NYCC Ring Road South Extension project.

For those wishing background, the application mentioned by @drum118 can be found in this thread:

And this report:

Toronto's Small Claims Court is located in 47 Sheppard Ave E. It is in a horrendously undersized, insufficiently accessible and outdated condition, so I doubt many will mourn its loss, but I am curious where it will move. Will it follow the trend set for the criminal courts and receive a new location downtown, or remain near Yonge & Sheppard?

Good, I hate these garbage buildings.
They aren’t lookers, that’s for sure. And they have poor street presence.

That said, it’s nice to have employment uses scattered across the city, although some of it is inherently only car-accessible :(

They aren’t lookers, that’s for sure. And they have poor street presence.

That said, it’s nice to have employment uses scattered across the city, although some of it is inherently only car-accessible :(

These are not that.........at barely 1 block from Yonge and Sheppard, these buildings are very transit accessible.

There are sidewalks on Sheppard, which admittedly could be better designed/more pleasant; but really in the complete-street vein of access, only cycling access is relatively poor.

These are not that.........at barely 1 block from Yonge and Sheppard, these buildings are very transit accessible.
Sorry - I was making a more expansive statement, and not referencing this building specifically with that statement. I should have been more clear.

I used to work at a few locations across the city that back in the day would have taken me more than 2x longer to get to by transit than car, so I had that in mind.

Not certain about any relationships here.

Lev Living had a website here:

Their Linkedin may/may not be more informative:

1703080496890.png

Its easy to infer that there will be a mixed-use proposal here, featuring residential. I imagine, however, they may also be seeking to reduce or entirely eliminate the office component.

As this is in the heart of @sunnyraytoronto country, we must solicit his thoughts.
CityPlanning Policy when Office Space is being Redeveloped is to ensure that amount of Office Space is preserved,... thus, I would expect a Mixed-Use Redevelopment Proposal with at least the same amount of Office Space currently - this requirement have never been violated in North York Centre Secondary Plan area.

I also expect the City to likely go after the northeast corner of this site,... for conveyance for the Doris South Extension which will likely be redone now!
- During Doris South Extension Consultation around 2015, City wanted the northeast corner of the site but it also host underground parking which would have to be reinforced - complicating the situation, so the City did without,.... but now with Redevelopment, the corner is up for grabs!

The current proposal for Doris South Extension is pathetic,...
- Originally, City Transportation Services preferred solution of Skewed Intersection going through MooreHead Park (Privately Owned Public Space at northeast corner of Doris and Sheppard),.... but with previous Cllr Filion and North York Preservation Board (headed by you know who from Leaside - which isn't even in North York!!!) so they got CityPlanning involved to preserve the POPS at MooreHead Park - to protect a circular mound of dirt! With two large City departments - Transportation Services and CityPlanning going head to head,.... Doris South Extension became a 2 Phase solution with the more efficient 2 phase signalized skew intersection being the Phase 2 solution
- But Phase 1 will be a 4 phase signalized Offset intersection - much like Mt.Pleasant and Lawrence but with much heavier traffic volume! Everyone will have to wait through 3 red-lights before they get their green traffic light!

1703260006736.png

source: https://www.toronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/84a4-NYC_Service_Rd_slides_2020-02-07.pdf

While the northeast corner of Doris and Sheppard (POPS - MooreHead Park; also all the development potential / air-rights of that site was maxed out when 88 Sheppard East condo was built) is also controlled by Crown Realty Partner/Management as well,.... apparently it's under different registered ownerships,... making it much more difficult for City to go after land conveyance there as part of negotiation for this redevelopment site!

Last edited:
Interesting. Bye, bye office space! lol.

As NL stated above they will likely have a very serious proposal here.

Back