News   Jul 15, 2024
 14     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 313     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 531     0 

44th Canadian Federal Election

Following the Conservative Party's climate change rejection platform...

Conservative leader rejects Canada's new emissions target, favours previous goal

From link.
What Canada does domestically is just for show. If you really want to make a difference on the environment, we need a carbon tariff, to eliminate the benefits of moving production and pollution offshore.

The vast majority of the air pollution Canadians are responsible for is created in the products and grocery produce we buy, that are made overseas and in the USA. If you want Canadians to make the right decisions on the environment, you need a carbon tariff so that products and produce with lower emissions can be purchased for lower prices.

While it’s less related to GHG, let‘s start with carbon tariffs on Teslas https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opi...y-doing-more-harm-to-the-environment-than-if/

Last edited:
So a bunch of anti-vaxxers have been following around the PM and caused a campaign stop to be cancelled. If anything, they generated sympathy for him!

So a bunch of anti-vaxxers have been following around the PM and caused a campaign stop to be cancelled. If anything, they generated sympathy for him!
I saw a clip just now on TV and wow did they ever make him look good. They were like the people at that restaurant in Etobicoke least year, even screaming even at the cops who tried to stop them. An absolute trash heap.

i think it was her lol..
IMG_20210826_213423.jpg

Following the Conservative Party's climate change rejection platform...

Conservative leader rejects Canada's new emissions target, favours previous goal

From link.
I have issues with the conservative climate plan (many) but this isnt one of them. Favouring 30% emission reduction (in line with the Paris accords) over 45% which we were nowhere even close to is not necessarily a bad thing.

Having and reaching realistic targets is better than promising targets that are unreachable and missing the mark. That said, even 30% will never be reached by the LPC or the CPC so what even is the point. Might as well make the goal 80% reduction just to sound good

Yes, the O'Toole Bucks part of their plan is much more problematic than the targets which we are going to miss anyway.

I saw some media coverage on that today. Young kids showing the middle finger surrounded by 'adults' yelling obscenities. That's some good parenting there.

I believe one the Conservative candidates stated his supporters were there.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservative-candidate-trudeau-rally-1.6156959
Yes but if you read the article you'll notice the conservatives quickly dropped said people and condemned the actions, and they did it virtually immediately.

They didnt try to play coy and say some of their people weren't there, they came out right away and said they were and they're longer welcome in the party which I think was a very strong response actually.

In other news, mainstreet polling has the cons way ahead of the libs at this point but the NDP arent really making anymore gains which is sad.

Yes but if you read the article you'll notice the conservatives quickly dropped said people and condemned the actions, and they did it virtually immediately

The fact remains. They were identified publicly in the media as both anti-vaxx and supporters of the conservative party.

That ties them to the Conservatives even if they disavow them.

The fact remains. They were identified publicly in the media as both anti-vaxx and supporters of the conservative party.

That ties them to the Conservatives even if they disavow them.
Correct but the conservatives did also come out with a strong response. There was no beating around the busy and that also says something.

Ultimately I don't think stuff like this is going to have that much of an impact on the overall outcome of the election.

No one cares or remembers this at this point and it was only a week ago

There's unfortunately antivaxxers across the political spectrum and all the parties can really do is ditch them.

For the second time in a week, Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau has had a campaign event disrupted by protesters shouting obscenities, uttering death threats against the prime minister and hurling racist and misogynist insults at people of colour and women in his protective detail.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-protest-racist-death-threat-sexist-1.6157617
Of course it has to be Cambridge, I hate my city sometimes. Vote at the polls don't scream and yell insults at the PM its embarrassing

Correct but the conservatives did also come out with a strong response. There was no beating around the busy and that also says something.

Ultimately I don't think stuff like this is going to have that much of an impact on the overall outcome of the election.

No one cares or remembers this at this point and it was only a week ago

There's unfortunately antivaxxers across the political spectrum and all the parties can really do is ditch them.
The bad taste lingers on longer that you think.

Back