News   Apr 18, 2024
 206     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 386     0 

400 foot List

not really all that much, but buildings start to appear really tall after around 400 feet, and it is a sort of arbitrary height point for buildings to be considered skyscrapers.

Ignoring all the mega-proposals, it's interesting to note that Toronto will have 111 buildings (built + u/c) in the 400-1000 foot range. I think Vancouver has 17 (built + u/c) in the 400-650 foot range.

Sometimes the camera lies...

What is the significance of 400 feet? Is it a zoning height restriction? A convenient comparitive measure?

Just curious, Thanks

cc46, the significance of 400 feet goes back over a decade when I first started compiling earlier iterations of this list.

At that time Toronto had less than a dozen 500 foot buildings with only a handful under construction or proposed.
What Toronto did have (what seemed like at the time) was a large number of proposals in the 400-500 foot range.

On various international forums users maintained lists of under construction/proposed buildings in their city that were at least 500 feet.
I wanted to collect and maintain a similar list for Toronto, but wanted to reduce the height threshold to one that would guarantee a dynamic, constantly evolving list.

Great update! So many new projects in the pipeline! Thanks to all for the many great photos.

Note: Noir Condo (515' 49 floors) is listed both in "Sales and Leasing” and in "Proposed" list segments...

Hi all

First of all, this is a very interesting thread. Thanks for posting all the info
I am looking for a consolidated and as complete as possible list of condos in Toronto and if one exists for GTA.

I need a list that would contain the following:
-address of the building
-height of the building (this thread seems to list all the buildings above 400ft buildings)

of a secondary importance but if that is possible I would also like to see:
-capacity of the building (how many apartments)
-apartment types: 1, 2, 3...etc.. bedrooms
-completion year

Does such a list exist? If it is public could you point a link here please ?

thank
recharts

Last edited:
Hi all

First of all, this is a very interesting thread. Thanks for posting all the info
I am looking for a consolidated and as complete as possible list of condos in Toronto and if one exists for GTA.

-address of the building
-height of the building (this thread seems to list all the buildings above 400ft buildings)

-completion year

thank
recharts

Try this: http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?cityID=12

This graphic by The Grid is kinda cool. It does, however, call 200m+ "supertall"

Toronto’s growth spurt isn’t over just yet. While we’ve built or are building more super-tall skyscrapers (200 metres or higher) over the past three years than in all previous years combined, that’s nothing compared to what could be coming: There are a grand total of 16 buildings taller than 200 metres currently planned. Here’s how they’d measure up on our skyline.

This graphic by The Grid is kinda cool. It does, however, call 200m+ "supertall"
That is a really cool graphic indeed! I might as well post it here:

51951faee7109-20130515-tallestplannedbuildings-big.jpg

*Source

Notice how the Oxford Place proposal is suspiciously absent?

Hi all
-address of the building

-completion year

thank
recharts

http://www.emporis.com/city/toronto-canada
I think this site is very comprehensive.

Back