News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 398     0 

36 Reasons Streetcars Are Better Than Buses

Whether traffic will be smoother is a different issue, but will those streets be widened just to accomodate LRT ROWs or will vehicle lanes actually be added to what is there now?

Widened to accomodate LRT, and in some sections, bike lanes too. No new lanes for vehicular traffic.

Whether traffic will be smoother is a different issue, but will those streets be widened just to accomodate LRT ROWs or will vehicle lanes actually be added to what is there now?

There will still be the same amount of traffic lanes, but there will now be no more buses in those lanes clogging up traffic. Meanwhile the roadway is being widened to allow the LRT it's own ROW.

There will still be the same amount of traffic lanes, but there will now be no more buses in those lanes clogging up traffic. Meanwhile the roadway is being widened to allow the LRT it's own ROW.
So in fact, we're actually not adding lanes to roads at all. That's all I wanted to know.

Do you even know what a lane is? Do you think a HOV lane is not a lane?
Yes I can distinguish between an HOV lane, a regular vehicle lane, a streetcar ROW lane, a back alley lane, and even a Lois Lane, but thanks for asking.

When one says:
Finch, Sheppard, and parts of Eglinton are being widened. Vehicular traffic will be a lot smoother with no more buses in the lane.
You'll have to excuse me for wondering if extra vehicle lanes are involved as part of this widening. I apologize for being inquisitive.

As for whether traffic will be "a lot smoother", we'll see.

Back