News   Apr 22, 2024
 803     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 268     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 681     0 

2022 election - who is running for mayor?

This doesn't surprise me. If he wants to run again, he won't have a problem winning.

Exactly. The ones who oppose Tory (like me) are the ones who follow local politics closely. Tory is not a great mayor by any measure, but if you don't pay attention to city hall, why would you care? The types of controversies that Tory gets into, like his continuing involvement with Rogers, aren't going to arouse much anger from the average voter (a homeowning household worried more about property tax than anything else).

Real exciting news today. I'm really just so thrilled, this is just amazing news. Goes to show if you have no real ambition to change anything on the grand stage of politics, you'll be rewarded time and time again.

Might as well just stamp him in for yet another term:

Real exciting news today. I'm really just so thrilled, this is just amazing news. Goes to show if you have no real ambition to change anything on the grand stage of politics, you'll be rewarded time and time again.

Might as well just stamp him in for yet another term:

Certainly agree Tory will win easily! Believe it or not this is actually a boost for Ford as voters will recognize his working relationship with Tory and vast number of transit projects they both have agreed upon and the desire to create more supply in the housing market. Seems like we will have Trudeau till 2025 atleast and Ford/Tory till 2026. Status quo for the next little bit

We need to go after the councillors. Especially the ones who are anti-public transit, anti-cyclists, and pro-automobile.

The mayor has only one vote on city council.

City Council is made up of 26 members: the Mayor, who is elected city-wide, and 25 Councillors who are elected in each ward across the city. Work on getting 25 councillors who will improve Toronto the way you want.

We need to go after the councillors. Especially the ones who are anti-public transit, anti-cyclists, and pro-automobile.

The mayor has only one vote on city council.

City Council is made up of 26 members: the Mayor, who is elected city-wide, and 25 Councillors who are elected in each ward across the city. Work on getting 25 councillors who will improve Toronto the way you want.
Agreed!

Remember what happened with Mayor Rob Ford. It took some of the councillors to rein him in. It was unfortunately only a little, because he did continue to do damage because of other councillors (IE. Councillor Doug Ford, at the time) who still supported him.

I would definitely agree that getting rid of a lot of our city councillors would do wonders for this city. But we already know ~95% of them will be re-elected since people refuse to do their homework and just lazily vote for whoever has been in office because: "they are doing a good job" without being able to list 3 things their councillor has done for their ward.

There's a whole list of councillors who need to be turfed, but it's basically guaranteed that they arent going anywhere.

I would definitely agree that getting rid of a lot of our city councillors would do wonders for this city. But we already know ~95% of them will be re-elected since people refuse to do their homework and just lazily vote for whoever has been in office because: "they are doing a good job" without being able to list 3 things their councillor has done for their ward.

There's a whole list of councillors who need to be turfed, but it's basically guaranteed that they arent going anywhere.

I’d argue that all should be turfed apart from three. Maybe 5 if I’m feeling very generous.

Certainly agree Tory will win easily! Believe it or not this is actually a boost for Ford as voters will recognize his working relationship with Tory and vast number of transit projects they both have agreed upon and the desire to create more supply in the housing market. Seems like we will have Trudeau till 2025 atleast and Ford/Tory till 2026. Status quo for the next little bit
My guess is Tory runs one last time in 2026, and retires at age 76 in 2030.

Back