News   Aug 09, 2024
 836     2 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 687     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 2.9K     2 

2022/24 Russian-Ukrainian War

Now that Ukraine has jumped the shark and invaded Russia without much of a hmph from the US or NATO, I would not be surprised to see a larger Ukrainian flanking movement coming out of the Kharkiv Oblast, toward Belgorod before smashing into occupied Luhansk Oblast to take the Russian trenches and minefields from the rear, while liberating Severodonetsk. All coordinated with a frontal Ukrainian attack from Kharkiv along with ATACMS, HIMARs and Storm Shadow strikes on command and control targets within both Russia and Luhansk.

It's about eight to ten hours driving time, if you're in an Abrams or Leopard 2. Here's the route I suggest.

I love this surprise offensive. Take the fight right to those disgusting bastards.

As the phrase goes, "Create dilemmas. Not problems."

This offensive creates so many dilemmas. First off, the Russians have to choose where they put stretched resources. Any place they pull off the line creates vulnerabilities. Going forward, they'll have to keep forces there to avoid a repeat. Less resources. Next, they have to choose. Defend Kursk or reinforce their rear. The Ukrainians could swing south and absolutely ravage the rear of the Russian Eastern grouping.

The Ukrainians could swing south and absolutely ravage the rear of the Russian Eastern grouping.
Agreed, and there’s little to no antitank minefields or defensive fortifications on the Russian side of the border. This presents Ukraine’s mechanized units a freedom of movement that they just don’t have within Russian-held areas of Ukraine.

Back