News   Aug 06, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Aug 06, 2024
 1.2K     3 
News   Aug 06, 2024
 599     0 

2022/24 Russian-Ukrainian War

The Russians are in fact testing the rail bridge as we speak....with an eye to reopening it...........

I find that very suspect. I'm not an engineer, but I've seen my share of engineering inspections, and considering the exploded rolling stock was still sitting on the rail bridge 4 hours ago............

Running a train over some tracks is one thing. Running a train with a useful load is a whole other matter.

From the Guardian:

Petro Kotin, the head of Ukraine’s state nuclear company Energoatom, warned the diesel generators at Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant only have a limited supply of fuel at present.

Overnight shelling cut power to the plant, which needs cooling to avoid a meltdown, forcing it to switch to emergency generators.

Kotin told BBC World News: “Right now we are working on logistics to supply more fuel for these generators.

“If [the generators] run out of fuel, after that they will stop, and after that there will be a disaster ... there will be a melting of the active core and a release of radioactivity from there.”

Amidst the Kerch bridge getting hit and rumours of infighting in Moscow this has slipped a little under the radar. I also don't know how Russia's recent attempts to transfer the plant from Ukrainian to Russian operation could be affecting this. Definitely a situation worth keeping an eye on.

The Russians are in fact testing the rail bridge as we speak....with an eye to reopening it...........

I find that very suspect. I'm not an engineer, but I've seen my share of engineering inspections, and considering the exploded rolling stock was still sitting on the rail bridge 4 hours ago............
Engineering 'standards' might have become a tad elastic.

Back