News   Jul 11, 2024
 5.2K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 818     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 783     1 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

It's time that the Liberals gear up to force Wynne out of office. If they wait until after June it will be too little too late for them to get someone credible for any sort of leadership race.

Imo the liberals are set for defeat, many people are just waiting to mark an X to throw them out office this time.

If this Forum poll is to believed, the Liberals won't even make official party status next time:

http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/2697/wynne-liberals-on-track-to-lose-party-status-in-2018/

I don't think it will be quite THAT bad and the regional breakdowns seem off (PCs polling higher in Toronto than in Eastern or SW Ontario???). Still they could definitely come in third.

I would be willing to bet that the Liberals don't form government in 2018. But I can't see them winning fewer than 20 seats.

Well if the PC party was reduced to 2 seats in the 1993 election, and the Liberals have done worse now than the PC's did then, then losing official party status is definitely possible if the Liberals voters have the same demands for integrity that the conservative ones did then.

I just don't see how Wynne can avoid stepping down. It's like she's stuck a gun to her head, taken the party hostage, threatens to blow her head off, and the public votes for her to do it.

Alice in Wynnederland or Through the Lacking Gloss?

And here's a suggestion, Kathy...take idiot down with the same bullet, line up together and do it all in one shot. And do it now so it can be cleaned up before the election.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...f-he-pushed-for-go-station-in-his-riding.html

Who is willing to take over now to be the fall guy? Who is their Ujjal Dosanjh or Kim Campbell?
You know what? *ANYONE* but Wynne and her band of losers. There is some good talent in the Cabinet, but they're all tainted by Wynne and others' actions.

Pupello? I say young and fresh blood in the ranks, or even an outsider.

All the majority public is looking for is *not Wynne, not Brown, not Horwath*.

Speaking of Kim Campbell...anyone remember the debate with Bouchard losing it on her? Ffffing brilliant political drama. It's unfortunate that Bouchard wasn't on 'this side of the fence'.

Here it is on Youtube. Haven't had a chance to find the excerpt I'm referring to.

Whoa! Just scanning it now, note Chretien talking on Nafta at 23:16. Must run, will peruse this further later, but talk about serendipity with Trump raising exactly this matter.

Last edited:
Like the Green party?
I am thinking a new party. 1993 had the Reform Party. 1999 Saskatchewan had the Saskatchewan Party.

Clearly, voters in Ontario (and specifically, the GTHA) are unhappy with all three options presented to us. If there ever were a time for a new party to arise in Ontario...

If this Forum poll is to believed, the Liberals won't even make official party status next time:

http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/2697/wynne-liberals-on-track-to-lose-party-status-in-2018/

I don't think it will be quite THAT bad and the regional breakdowns seem off (PCs polling higher in Toronto than in Eastern or SW Ontario???). Still they could definitely come in third.

I doubt the Tories can win 85+ seats. I have a hard time seeing that happen. That said, I can see the Tories win 65+ seats (thus becoming a majority government) with the NDP becoming the Opposition (Andrea Horwath would shine as the leader of the opposition) with 30+ seats and the Grits as the third party with around 20+ seats.

Speaking of Kim Campbell...anyone remember the debate with Bouchard losing it on her? Ffffing brilliant political drama. It's unfortunate that Bouchard wasn't on 'this side of the fence'.

Here it is on Youtube. Haven't had a chance to find the excerpt I'm referring to.

Whoa! Just scanning it now, note Chretien talking on Nafta at 23:16. Must run, will peruse this further later, but talk about serendipity with Trump raising exactly this matter.

And Peter Kent is one of the journalists, long before he became a CPC hack.

Back