News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.9K     2 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

Shows the disconnect between an urban and self-identifying progressive echo chamber like UT and the voice of the rest of the province.

It’s nice to see the Greens grab a seat, and the Liberals deservingly crushed.

Exactly. I knew the outcome for weeks and yet everybody here doubted me. Echo chambers aren't representative of reality.

My takeaway from this is that elections don’t matter any more. NDP/Libs need to start attacking Ford tomorrow. Pull the same hit on him that the Tories took out on Wynne.
It's a majority, they can attack the man all day and night and it still wouldnt matter. He's not only just here, but he's here for 4 years unfortunately.

Doug Ford is Premier. Buckle up.

Definitely. The war on the car is over! The persecution of drivers is at an end!

I look forward to a 18 stop subway in Scarborough paid for by the private sector and $1 beer for everyone!

Exactly. I knew the outcome for weeks and yet everybody here doubted me. Echo chambers aren't representative of reality.
I see the Don Valley East riding as an important one. With a strong PC majority, if DMW is not elected, it is a strong signal that Toronto does not want the DRL long.

Definitely. The war on the car is over! The persecution of drivers is at an end!

I look forward to a 18 stop subway in Scarborough paid for by the private sector and $1 beer for everyone!
Maybe this is the beginning of the end for the Beer Store.

I mean if we're talking echo chambers we might as well talk about the "benevolent business man saviour".

Maybe now his business can be saved with some help from the rest of us, speaking of saviours.

I think I'll be going on welfare. I don't want this demagogue anywhere near my money.

I'm surprised at how NDP is in second place in my riding (Oakville North-Burlington) so far... I barely saw any of their yard signs so I assumed they would be 3rd for sure. Nice

It's a majority, they can attack the man all day and night and it still wouldnt matter. He's not only just here, but he's here for 4 years unfortunately.
That’s not what I meant. If they want to win in 2022 they need to start chipping away at him now and never let up. That’s how the Tories got to Wynne.

I see the Don Valley East riding as an important one. With a strong PC majority, if DMW is not elected, it is a strong signal that Toronto does not want the DRL long.

I don't know, he's hardly ever mentioned it. And that "line" is just a bunch of spaghetti doodles at this point few even know about. Am surprised I didn't see DMW dominate tho. For his faults he's actually quite well spoken and intelligent. Like a real fiscal conservative (unlike the present party leader).

Back