News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.7K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.6K     3 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

If Doug runs, it’s going to get very dirty. That’s how he plays. Even if Mulroney emerges the victor, she’s going to come out with a bloody nose.

Wynne just needs to sit back and watch the PCs fight amongst themselves with only weeks to get over it and rally together under one banner.

My money is still on Wynne pending the leadership race. If they somehow get through it peacefully, I’d give Mulroney a better than even chance of winning a minority.

Doug doesn't "play". He wouldn't know how and is a thorough moron. PCs are done and lose all credibility if he's aboard. That being said the matriarch of the Ford clan does play some games. The tweet from Batra that OneCity posted...I dunno, I'm getting RoFo-era vibes. And she pulled a lot of string back then it seemed. Get a feeling this could be Diane's doing.

Doug doesn't "play". He wouldn't know how and is a thorough moron. PCs are done and lose all credibility if he's aboard. That being said the matriarch of the Ford clan does play some games. The tweet from Batra that OneCity posted...I dunno, I'm getting RoFo-era vibes. And she pulled a lot of string back then it seemed. Get a feeling this could be her doing.

Well see? He's been awfully quiet on the matter which is odd for a Ford. But I just assumed hes more interested in bashing Tory for the Mayoral seat. Hes a weekly Sun "opinion" piece recently and seems to be full steam on Toronto issues. But there is no doubt a power struggle is going on Provincially and serious games are happening. What an interesting debacle

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess if this whole thing was triggered from within then there may be some criminal repercussions for people other than Brown.

If the alleged incidents did happen then Brown should just ring up Micheal Bryant and ask him how to live life after public death. Bryant's doing well for himself by all accounts.

If they didn't happen then the criminal investigation may have legs and holy flip this is going to get super messy.

Speaking of dirty. Conservative Party on full nuclear meltdown watch if this is true

Adrienne BatraVerified account
@AdrienneBatra

Wait what now? #ONpolipic.twitter.com/xf6AWtgGdz

DUrFepJW0AAgmVV.jpg

Batra pulled the tweet.

Whatever the case, this does seem to be getting messy and leadership candidates haven’t even been announced.

Batra pulled the tweet.

Whatever the case, this does seem to be getting messy and leadership candidates haven’t even been announced.

Yeah, I knew that sounded made up. RCMP investigation, my eye!

But it's edgy, gets clicks, gains attention, and most importantly it keeps them in the news. Who cares if it's real or not. Any publicity is good publicity. This is why I think it's Ford matriarch-related. They took advantage of this notion, and sure enough more often than not it works!

This might be a blessing for them. When things really start to fall apart you can always blame Russia. It might be time to run with that.

What is amazing is a McGuinty associate gets charged in $2B gas plant cover up and basically hand the Conservatives a huge gift and then immediately after all this madness happens. Guess its back to business as usual for the Liberals

Last edited:
What is amazing is a McGuinty associate gets charged in $2B gas plant cover up and basically hand the Conservatives a huge gift and then immediately after all this madness happens. Guess its back to business as usual for the Liberals
Putting it that way one might be inclined to start thinking it's all a giant Liberal sabotage operation. That would be truly epic. Not good, mind...but damn interesting for me as a person who doesn't care if all three main parties implode.

Aw, that was sort of boring clickbait. I was expecting an actual problem on their end. Just a boring ransomware attack before Christmas that was not specific to the party and was deftly dealt with and no data was stolen.

I got all excited for more political intrigue.
I'm sure you will be hearing about the political spin that will take place in a short while about this very matter dont worry.

God, I hate political spin blah-blah rubbish talk. Speaking of which, I can't believe I still regularly watch CPAC.

^Well you live in Canada, it's something that you'll have to get used to and not get caught up in it like many voters do. The municipal elections in Ontario are often far worse in terms of how political spin can get someone elected and re-elected.

Back