News   Jul 16, 2024
 409     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 525     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

2018 Ontario PC Leadership Race

Who do you think will win the PC leadership race (not who do you support)?

• Patrick Brown

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Christine Elliott

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Doug Ford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tanya Granic Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caroline Mulroney

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Livestream of Patrick Brown
giphy.gif

What a joke. I get bombarded with phone calls and emails from the candidates but can't get a question answered. I had trouble registering for a membership. I contacted the PC party using their online form and never got a response, although I was eventually able to register. The mailings for the PIN numbers you need in order to vote are delayed so the voting process has been extended. I am away from home so won't get my mail. I tried contacting Christine Elliott's campaign because her emails promised help but got no response to the live chat on their website, despite it saying agents were available. I emailed with no response. I did get through on the phone but the person who answered had no idea what to do. I tried to call the PC party directly but got a recording to call back later, despite them saying they are available 9 am to 9 pm (I called at 11:30 am on a weekday). I guess they don't really want my vote after all.

What a joke. I get bombarded with phone calls and emails from the candidates but can't get a question answered. I had trouble registering for a membership. I contacted the PC party using their online form and never got a response, although I was eventually able to register. The mailings for the PIN numbers you need in order to vote are delayed so the voting process has been extended. I am away from home so won't get my mail. I tried contacting Christine Elliott's campaign because her emails promised help but got no response to the live chat on their website, despite it saying agents were available. I emailed with no response. I did get through on the phone but the person who answered had no idea what to do. I tried to call the PC party directly but got a recording to all back later, despite them saying they are available 9 am to 9 pm (I called at 11:30 am on a weekday). I guess they don't really want my vote after all.

Now, just imagine them at the top of the bureaucracy.

AoD

At least Doug knows that crisp $20s are the best kind of untraceable currency.

Yup. Given Dofo's habit of buying votes from the peasants with $20 bills, he's a fine one to squawk about fraud and "buying memberships" within the PC party. And this would be a simply delightful thing to smack him with at any candidate debate: "Remember when you did the exact same thing you're accusing other people of, jackass? Huh? Remember that?" If the others actually have the guts to go there, needless to say.

Doug has slight lead in latest poll.

https://www.cp24.com/news/ford-hold...in-pc-leadership-race-poll-suggests-1.3823218

Mainstreet Research asked more than 17,000 PC Party members between Feb. 21 and Monday to rank their top three choices for party leader.

The survey found 36.7 per cent of respondents preferred Ford as their first choice, while 32.7 per cent picked Elliott.

Twenty per cent of respondents indicated Caroline Mulroney was their first choice and eleven per cent of respondents picked Tanya Granic Allen.

A few things that cause me to take those results with a grain of salt:
1. That's likely 17K members but not 17K members *who've signed up to vote* in the race
2. That doesn't take into account PB's endorsement of CE
3. That doesn't take into account the effect of the ranked ballots and runoff system
4. Most importantly, that result is ignorant of the party's vote allocation/redistribution structure and the effect that'll have on each candidate's support (i.e. DoFo could have signed up every single Etobicoker to vote for him and if he's unable to geographically broaden his support, he'll get crushed)

A few things that cause me to take those results with a grain of salt:
1. That's likely 17K members but not 17K members *who've signed up to vote* in the race
2. That doesn't take into account PB's endorsement of CE
3. That doesn't take into account the effect of the ranked ballots and runoff system
4. Most importantly, that result is ignorant of the party's vote allocation/redistribution structure and the effect that'll have on each candidate's support (i.e. DoFo could have signed up every single Etobicoker to vote for him and if he's unable to geographically broaden his support, he'll get crushed)
They redistributed Brown's votes to their#2 choices.

If you assume Mulroney's votes will mostly go to Elliott you'd think she would have the edge.
Surprising she doesn't.
Suspect that Elliott and Mulroney will have a much stronger get out the vote operation vs Ford - humans calling etc

He forgot to mention that not having an abortion is much more life-altering...and for more than just one person.

Back