News   Jul 12, 2024
 973     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 847     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 344     0 

2018 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When do we anticipate seeing Doug Ford start popping into ward races? With so few wards, Ford helping one or even two candidates could swing council further right.

Mikey is a given, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Ford stump for Mammo in Humber River-Black Creek, Nunziata in York South Weston, and former PC candidate DWM in Don Valley East.

When do we anticipate seeing Doug Ford start popping into ward races? With so few wards, Ford helping one or even two candidates could swing council further right.

Mikey is a given, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Ford stump for Mammo in Humber River-Black Creek, Nunziata in York South Weston, and former PC candidate DWM in Don Valley East.

Ford is toxic in Toronto right now because of his interference. Political grandstanding during an election he helped gerrymander will likely have the opposite effect. I can see candidates drinking the ford kool-aid being tossed.

Ford is toxic in Toronto right now because of his interference. Political grandstanding during an election he helped gerrymander will likely have the opposite effect. I can see candidates drinking the ford kool-aid being tossed.

He's considered toxic in only some of Toronto. Remember his party elected 11 out of 25 MPPs. Heck, a significant portion of Toronto doesn't even consider what he's done bad.

He's considered toxic in only some of Toronto. Remember his party elected 11 out of 25 MPPs. Heck, a significant portion of Toronto doesn't even consider what he's done bad.
A blue fire hydrant would've elected 11 PC seats. Brown did more to win the last election than he did. The caucus needs to be reminded constantly that Ford didn't do shit.

A blue fire hydrant would've elected 11 PC seats. Brown did more to win the last election than he did. The caucus needs to be reminded constantly that Ford didn't do shit.
This is a very arguable point. I actually come closer to agreeing with you than not but I also think that Ford won a few more seats in Toronto proper that would not have been won under Brown. But then ford lost some seats elsewhere that Brown would have won.

Ford is on pace to being a one term premier assuming he doesn't get kicked before that.

This is a very arguable point. I actually come closer to agreeing with you than not but I also think that Ford won a few more seats in Toronto proper that would not have been won under Brown. But then ford lost some seats elsewhere that Brown would have won.

Ford is on pace to being a one term premier assuming he doesn't get kicked before that.
I think he's got better than even odds at re-election.

Seems like Tory is going to run away with this election

New Poll:eek:
Among decided voters (excluding undecided voters), Tory has 63.7% support, while Keesmaat has 30.7%. Faith Goldy drops to 1.5%, while Global News debate participants Sarah Climenhaga and Saron Gebresellassi have 1.3% and 1.1% respectively.
https://www.mainstreetresearch.ca/tory-still-leading-transit-is-now-front-of-mind-for-torontonians/

The real race is who gets elected to council. I am curious to see who Tory will be dealing with.

The Toronto Labour Council made their final endorsements last night.

https://mobile.twitter.com/torontolabour/status/1045473928230113280/photo/1

These are very important, especially in tight races. Union locals send out e-blasts do their members on who vote for, and they provide pools of volunteers to the campaigns.

None of the endorsements are surprising, with perhaps the exception of the endorsement of Lekan Olowoye over Chiara Padovani in York South Weston.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mammolit...hat-could-lose-on-oct-22-poll-finds-1.4113011

I know this is just one poll, but the possibility of Mammo losing is great!

Delighted to see this and just confirms some of the things I have been saying on this thread about what is actually happening on the ground in Ward 7. A few things to note though

• Sample size is tiny for such a large area of the city and I believe if I read the polling correct the sampling error is something like +/- 4.59%, so fairly high.
  • I believe the polling was conducted using landlines. That area of the city has a lot of landlines. However, it does not include cell phones so the numbers again could fluctuate to prob Tiffany' and Peruzzas advantage. The people who vote for Mammo are almost certainly people who have landlines.
  • In 2014 a poll came out in Ward 7 and it showed Nick Di Nizio and Mammo neck and neck. What this did was galvanise Mammo's vote and brought his solid voter base out on election day, so his support is probably higher.
  • Deanne Sgro is the dark horse here. Yes she is low on this poll but her name recognition is as high as Mammo in that area. It will be interesting to see where the undecided vote goes. If they go to Sgro as they recognize her name then I can see her battling Peruzza to win. I dont see the undecided going for Mammo in any great numbers as he is just toxic.
I am still confident Peruzza will win this race but he needs volunteers and donations. Mammo is not going down without a fight so if you have time come out and support Peruzza in anyway you can.

Back