News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 691     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

2018 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nick Di Nizio just registered to run in Ward 7. He came very close to beating Mammo last two times

I'm sure there are a great many outside of Mammo's ward now threatened with having him as their councillor. Getting rid of Mammo might be the silver lining in all of this...

They will probably gerrymander the boundaries so that the downtown wards have less power .
And give more power to whom? It definitely wont be Etobicoke since it's been royally stiffed by this. Scarborough (which actively likes to complain their voices dont get heard) is already the clear winners of Ford's announcement.

If you're curious or concerned about the new wards and possible gerrymandering - look at the current federal and provincial ridings. There are your wards.

I'm sure there are a great many outside of Mammo's ward now threatened with having him as their councillor. Getting rid of Mammo might be the silver lining in all of this...

Cesar Palacio, who has also come out in support of Ford's move, will almost certainly not be able to win in Davenport.

Cesar Palacio, who has also come out in support of Ford's move, will almost certainly not be able to win in Davenport.

I think he would have had a better chance with the re-jigged 47 ward setup, where most of the Bailao-Palacio contested ward would have been the former Palacio north Davenport area. The Fed/Prov Davenport boundaries probably favour Bailao because it includes all of her south Davenport ward.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most federal and provincial ridings in Toronto usually vote liberal or NDP.
I feel like this might actually backfire and get a more left leaning council elected. And

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most federal and provincial ridings in Toronto usually vote liberal or NDP.
I feel like this might actually backfire and get a more left leaning council elected. And

A strong mayoral system would negate that in this climate. Torontis Left parties needs a rethink to become more supportable City wide and if they can find a likeable, more moderate Mayoral candidate next post-Tory election these changes could actually work in their favour in the future

Last edited:
Not a surprise, but this government is a group of dull tools. Like shitty, rusty, malfunctioning ones.

So far, all they've done is destroy. They haven't proposed anything to build us up.
Hugely inefficient cancellations of all sorts that are costing taxpayers and businesses lots of money.
The opposite of what they claim to stand for (which only fools believe, by the way).

Hydro One costing us millions.
Cancellation of contracts costing us millions and hurting mostly entrepreneurs.
Cancellation of contracts costing us millions and hurting business.
Cancellation of carbon credits costing us billions.
Cancellation of a decently thought-out curriculum costing our youth invaluable knowledge.
Shifting of money earmarked for mental health to police. (Ok, this one's a bloody joke, except they're serious).
This council rehash? Small fry compared to the rest.

I don't know, as someone who works pretty hard and pays every penny in taxes that I could possibly owe (I have a realtor, but not a dodgy tax accountant), I'm about as impressed by these clowns as I would be if that bloated mongrel of a premier (OK, sorry, he might actually be a purebred bell end) were to show up at my door whilst I was trying to enjoy my evening tea.

Anyone who still believes in these fools as being champions of efficiency and fiscal rectitude is a fool.

...and, no, I won't tell you how I really feel, it'd get me banned again. ;)

Man, they right vexed me with that mental health to policing switch. Christine Elliott as a great minister, my left nut.

.....and if we're talking about less politicos, then let's get rid of that dead weight premier. I work too hard to pay his salary. Christine Elliott can get stuffed as well.

I just got my notice of assessment today and I owe 230$ in taxes on top of the 15k I've already paid for last year (plus sales and property taxes).....I don't want to pay these chumps. How much did premier tinpot pay in taxes last year?

If they want to play this reduction game, then I'm down to see Christine "Fu*k Your Mental Health" Elliott and Douglas Tinpot-Grimy Fingers the fu*k out my pocket too.

Wait, why does Pickering need 6 councillors for 100k people?

There's no logic behind this. Saving Toronto 25M$ whilst costing us 3B$ in cancelled carbon credits.

Fugging brilliant maths, o champion of the people.

Wait, why does Pickering need 6 councillors for 100k people?

There's no logic behind this. Saving Toronto 25M$ whilst costing us 3B$ in cancelled carbon credits.

Fugging brilliant maths, o champion of the people.
I mean if we're being efficient... London could go down to 3 councillors and Pickering can go down to, uh, one.

In many cities in Ontario, being a "councillor" is a part time gig, so comparing the "number" of councillors in each municipality isn't accurate.

Back