News   Apr 25, 2024
 60     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

2014 Ontario Provincial Election

PC Candidate and current councillor Cho says he'll fight, if elected, to extend the Scarborough subway to Sheppard (near his riding). Patrick Brown, who opened Cho's campaign office earlier this week says he will support the "original" Scarborough subway that council removed from further consideration.

Moving discussion to appropriate thread.

I like Brown, as well. He will have a much stronger ground game than Wynne and Horwath and he'll fight incredibly hard to win the GTA. I think he'll have some good candidate's in North York, Etobicoke and Scarborough. My money is that he will lead the Tories to a majority government victory in 2018 and I think he'll run on a heavy subway campaign in Toronto. I expect the Sheppard Subway to be a part of his transit platform.
I wonder what happens to GO-RER under PC campaigning/administration.

GO-RER goes through many many ridings where the PC are competitive in. I've never heard PC members of provincial parliament say a single thing about it.

Last edited:
Right-wing politicians are always looking to exploit people's fears. Whether it's fear of sex education, of immigrants, of blacks, of gays, of transgender people, of unreported crimes, etc. - when one fear is gone, they'll just find another fear to exploit. Either the conservatives join in with people's hysteria or they manufacture it. But more often than not, conservatives are hysterical people themselves. Conservativism is politics based on emotion, not facts or rational thought. And often conservatism is a direct attack on facts and rational thought, as we saw from the killing of long form census, which Patrick Brown was a part of btw. With his stated intention now to kill the updated sex education curriculum, he has merely shown himself once again that he is a conservative. Why did we expect anything different than a conservative being a conservative?

Such a bonehead move by Brown and the PCs. After spending a year trying to show how inclusive the new party is, their true colours show.

Don't forget he didn't ever hesitate in taking in support from Monte McNaughton during the race. It will take more than showing up at a parade.

AoD

Last edited:

Back