Can we just agree on something please?

It is SmartTrack.

Not SmartTracks.

That is all, keep calm and carry on.

Can we just agree on something please?

It is SmartTrack.

Not SmartTracks.

That is all, keep calm and carry on.

My parents have the same tendency to pluralize everything, whether or not it makes sense. The only thing that bothers me more than that is all those stupid "keep calm and carry on" logos.

I guess but then you could say that about all Ontarians.

Remember that the 400 series highways are exactly that but when was the last time you ever heard someone say Highway four-hundred-and-one?

I guess but then you could say that about all Ontarians.

Remember that the 400 series highways are exactly that but when was the last time you ever heard someone say Highway four-hundred-and-one?

Last time I used my GPS.

Waze actually says "Highway Four Oh One" IIRC. Which is nice. They must have programmed it specifically to say it correctly.

I hate it whenever Google Maps says "Highway four hundred one". Last time I heard it say "highway four hundred" (before it said "one") I was all the way east at VicPark and I was wondering to myself how I screwed up so badly to end up at Highway 400 without noticing.

^ doubtful on that one.
The province has promised some kind of service increase, electrification, etc. So something will happen.

But I doubt that we're going to see John Tory's bizarre dumber-than-ford scheme, where frequent heavy rail heads north through West, and does a 90-degree angle, heading for a terminus at Renforth.

The province has promised some kind of service increase, electrification, etc. So something will happen.

But I doubt that we're going to see John Tory's bizarre dumber-than-ford scheme, where frequent heavy rail heads north through West, and does a 90-degree angle, heading for a terminus at Renforth.

I really hope that SmartTrack turns into this, since there's no way it's workable in its current form.

This is exactly what I have been saying for years. Using existing infrastructure and as I recently stated one of the benefits of using the UPX line for Smart Tracks {or however the hell we are spelling it these days} is that the improvements can be phased in.

Any new subway is basically wait 10 years for all the studies, court cases, environmental reviews, and consultations and then wait another 10 years for it to get built and in the mean time just listen to the politicians say "it's coming". Subways and any new infrastructure is an all or nothing deal. Even if Toronto had the money {and it doesn't} the long suffering transit users will have to wait till it's all done decades from now in order to see the benefits of all the construction and their tax dollars.

Turning UPX into an effective transit line with limited stops {ie Denver's new East/Airport Line} can be phased in and improved but Torontonians will actually be able to use it in the mean time. It's also much easier to get funding for smaller more individual and ongoing upgrades as it represents more ribbon cutting for politicians and ones that will take place BEFORE the next election.

Back