News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 572     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 876     0 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Mayoral Race

I hope she comes up with something more substantive soon. True, the "real" campaigning is just getting started, but she has to come out swinging if she wants to have a chance. She has been underwhelming so far. I get the impression that her heart isn't in it.

They also need to stop sending do many emails. I unsubscribed because I was constantly being asked for things.

I think her chance of coming out swinging is about as likely as Barbara Hall orating like Obama.

AoD

I hope she comes up with something more substantive soon. True, the "real" campaigning is just getting started, but she has to come out swinging if she wants to have a chance. She has been underwhelming so far. I get the impression that her heart isn't in it.

+1. I feel like her campaign has been in a weird idle state for the past few months. I hope it's intentional (doubt it).

22% of the attendees changed their minds on who to vote for after the Heritage debate.

From Heritage Toronto:
"Our “Heritage Matters” Mayoral Candidates Debate was held on August 21, 2014 from 7:00 – 9:00 pm at The Cathedral Centre behind St. James Cathedral. It was a well-attended event, with over 280 people in the audience and almost 300 unique Twitter users getting in on the conversation via #HTdebate.

At the event, we issued a survey asking people if the debate had changed their mind on who to vote for. With a response rate of 56%, we found that almost a quarter (22%) had changed their minds on who to vote for as a result of the debate."

You can view the whole debate here: http://heritagetoronto.org/mayoraldebate/

But who did they change from/to?

I doubt that many (if any) people attending a "heritage matters" debate would be voting for Ford, but would his last-minute cancellation have changed minds?

Or did the fact that this was a civilized debate where people actually got to hear about issues, rather than see buffoonery in action, have led to some thoughtful deliberation by voters?

But who did they change from/to?

I doubt that many (if any) people attending a "heritage matters" debate would be voting for Ford, but would his last-minute cancellation have changed minds?

Or did the fact that this was a civilized debate where people actually got to hear about issues, rather than see buffoonery in action, have led to some thoughtful deliberation by voters?

I'm going to go with the latter.

I don't think they collected who people were planning to vote for, but regardless I thought that number was high. I wonder if Soknacki picked some votes here?

People in this city really are dumb in that case. I don't see this Don Bosco thing changing the minds of many people, or even a fall off the wagon.

Marion Barry got re-elected and only recently lost a primary for city council in DC.

Last edited:
If Ford holds or rises in the first polls after Labour Day, then, sad to say, he'll have a real shot at this.

Toronto gets who people vote for, I suppose. It's rather depressing knowing Ford could very well be re-elected. So much for true progress if that happens.

Back