News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 283     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 809     0 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Mayoral Race

I just sincerely hope at this point that Tory is pandering at anything and everything to get elected and his stances on Eglinton Connects and LRTs will not reflect his actions after election day. Same thing with his dumb SmartTrack plan, something that is scrapped within six months of him being elected for a far more logical plan.

unnamed.jpg

http://www.soknacki2014.com/ostoparty

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 454
Although I'd like to Soknacki stick it out, as long as it's not personally costing him a fortune for a lost cause, there is a downside of us all not falling into support of John Tory if he is to be the eventual winner. The longer the race remains undecided the more Tory will pander for votes with stupid expensive ideas that he'll feel he needs to make good on after the election.

I have a hard time believing this poll. Where did Rob Ford get the extra 6% support? Chow's supporters sure as hell didn't switch over to Ford.

I'll believe it (if) when we see multiple polls with similar results.

... Even 20% would be a huge failure from the record 47.1% Ford achieved in 2010.

FYI, Beez: Rob's win in 2010 was nowhere near a record, both in terms of percentage of the vote and the number of ballots cast in his favour. I don't have the numbers handy anymore, but it was a middle-of-the-pack performance compared to all the elections since amalgamation.

(Or do you mean "record" as RoFo's track record?)

I have a hard time believing this poll. Where did Rob Ford get the extra 6% support? Chow's supporters sure as hell didn't switch over to Ford.

I'll believe it (if) when we see multiple polls with similar results.

You're right. It's one result — and a surprising one at that. If you discount a margin of error, RoFo's back in his traditional range. Likewise, if you credit for the margin of error in his post-rehab low of 23%, he's also back in traditional territory. This might be an irrelevant observation, but we won't know that until there are more results to establish a trend. Chow, on the other, hand, should be very worried.

You're right. It's one result — and a surprising one at that. If you discount a margin of error, RoFo's back in his traditional range. Likewise, if you credit for the margin of error in his post-rehab low of 23%, he's also back in traditional territory. This might be an irrelevant observation, but we won't know that until there are more results to establish a trend. Chow, on the other, hand, should be very worried.

If Olivia Chow was smart, she should drop out now, save her money, throw her weight behind Tory, and seek a plum position in his administration.

throw her weight behind Tory, and seek a plum position in his administration.
Don't know why she'd want to do that. She's not that old, her house is probably paid for, and she has a nice MP pension to draw. She went to art school. She should take up sculpture again. Use her name to advocate for children and immigrants - the things she truly cares about - as a volunteer.

Don't know why she'd want to do that. She's not that old, her house is probably paid for, and she has a nice MP pension to draw. She went to art school. She should take up sculpture again. Use her name to advocate for children and immigrants - the things she truly cares about - as a volunteer.

All I know is if Toronto wants a new mayor, then people have to start backing John Tory now.

It maybe one result however this poll has very good demos based region and gender...this could the most honest snapshot of what the Toronto voter thinks this year....the biggest outlier here is age too many 55-64 and 65 up.

Last edited:
In my estimation, Chow could stay in the race, if she wishes, but she'll obviously lose.

Today John Tory has been handed useful ammo to shape the remainder of his campaign: more front page news about the misbehavings of Rob Ford. Tory can and should dwell on "does Toronto want more of the boorish ways of the clown-mayor?", served up with one or two "why gamble with Chow?" soundbites over the next few weeks.

We mustn't make Eglinton Connects a pivotal election issue. It's almost ten years away, and it's a small issue easily won or lost outside of an election. About Open Streets, well, that initiative will win, regardless.

John Tory's integrity can and will be tested with Smart Track. If Tory can't pull that off, it will look very bad on him. At this point I think I will give Tory the chance. I've got no choice, I want Rob Ford gone.

It maybe one result however this poll has very good demos based region and gender...this could the most honest snapshot of what the Toronto voter thinks this year....the biggest outlier here is age too many 55-64 and 65 up.

Basically. We need to do better Greg. What do you think happens if Ford gets back in.

Tory should call up Adam Vaughan for some anti-Ford soundbites. He had some great lines.

Back