News   Apr 25, 2024
 393     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Mayoral Race

If you want Chow then go for BUT if she gets elected and there is no subway expansion for yet another term don't go blaming her. The only person you should blame is the person looking at you in the mirror.

If you don't want any subway expansion then she is your gal but if you do then she should be your last choice excluding Ford of course.

I've been a big defender of Chow on this board. I've donated to her and still plan to vote for her. But I'm with Andray Domise on the gun announcement. It's totally tone deaf and it only reinforces racial stereotypes about gangs and violence. Just leave the tough-on-crime agenda alone. Crime is going down already.

Also, Warren Kinsella is really shooting this campaign in the foot.

I've been following several challengers for council seats and Andray Domise has been very impressive so far. He's not the only good, credible candidate in Ward 2 (there's also Luke LaRocque) but I think he'd bring a lot to council. The quality of some the council candidates has really impressed me.

I was just told to "piss off" by Warren Kinsella on Twitter for what I thought was a pretty civil comment. I've donated to Chow, I was going to volunteer for her, and I'm not sure I can anymore with this guy being part of her campaign.

Well, as someone who's working for John Tory's campaign ... I am sure I speak for him when I say I hope we will have done enough to have earned your vote come October 27th.

You're missing the point. She doesn't have the power to enforce what she just said, henceforth it means nothing.
She does have the power to ask the federal government to pass laws banning hand guns in certain areas.

Seems like a non-controversial no-brainer that no one would ever object to. Nod yes, and move on.

She does have the power to ask the federal government to pass laws banning hand guns in certain areas.

Seems like a non-controversial no-brainer that no one would ever object to. Nod yes, and move on.
How exactly would such a law be enforced? Door-to-door searches?

I was just told to "piss off" by Warren Kinsella on Twitter for what I thought was a pretty civil comment. I've donated to Chow, I was going to volunteer for her, and I'm not sure I can anymore with this guy being part of her campaign.

Agree. Any second-thoughts I had about not wanting to vote for Chow have now been laid to rest thanks to not only this dumb and obviously calculated policy announcement, but having such a petulant child helping direct her campaign. Do any of the front-running candidates NOT have a total dick or pseudo-criminal running their campaigns? Much like "The Godfather" inspired mobsters to act a certain way, I think a lot of these guys have spent too much time watching "The War Room" and shows like "House of Cards".

Also, Warren Kinsella is really shooting this campaign in the foot.

To no one's true surprise.

Do any of the front-running candidates NOT have a total dick or pseudo-criminal running their campaigns? Much like "The Godfather" inspired mobsters to act a certain way, I think a lot of these guys have spent too much time watching "The War Room" and shows like "House of Cards".

This! So we have at least 3 identifiable sociopaths thus far: incumbent mayor, Kouvalis and Kinsella - and we are wondering why things are so messed up.

AoD

I thought it was pretty disgusting that she made the announcement while trotting out a bunch of black kids in the background.

- she's had how many years to do this as an MP?
- someone on her campaign tell her that guns don't discriminate, she should know, a bunch of very well-off Queen West kids where gunned down by Niagara while she was MP

Pretty sure her campaign is hitting the desperate button and rock bottom in terms of ideas.

This! So we have at least 3 identifiable sociopaths thus far: incumbent mayor, Kouvalis and Kinsella - and we are wondering why things are so messed up.

AoD

Well, Soknacki's campaign seems to be relatively free of these extreme personalities. He has, by far, the best ideas, seems to have the personality to get them thru council and many on this board seems to think so too. But he is not getting any traction in the polls at all! I am hoping for a Nenshi type sprint in the fall, but I am not optimistic now.

Well, Soknacki's campaign seems to be relatively free of these extreme personalities. He has, by far, the best ideas, seems to have the personality to get them thru council and many on this board seems to think so too. But he is not getting any traction in the polls at all! I am hoping for a Nenshi type sprint in the fall, but I am not optimistic now.

I tend to agree, but I think he made the mistake of not running as a councillor first and jumped right back into the race as mayor - he had no opportunity for free exposure being in council would have offered. Anyways, even then he isn't a Nenshi - more a competent but boring administrator (he admitted as much). Personally I think AV would have been far, far more exciting, but he got a different fish to fry.

AoD

Back