News   Jul 25, 2024
 675     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 641     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 491     0 

1 St Thomas (Lee Development, 29s, Stern)

What's your opinion of 1 St. Thomas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: great?

Well I'm yet to be convinced that TO has an architectural highrise style any more than Birminham, UK or Boston. But yeah I know what you mean and I agree.

Re: nice shot

Finally found the official thread. Discovered on page 13!

Here's a shot from last week. It was touch and go for a while, but this one is growing on me.

Finally found the official thread. Discovered on page 13!

There's a sticky thread at the head of the Project & Construction section that has links to every official thread.

The precast has a sort of salmon hue at that time of day, nice.

I've not been a fan of this building, but in that photo, in that light, I think it has charm.

In the renderings I thought it looked kitcshy but as I see it rising on the skyline I think it looks quite good!

It has a nice classic skyscraper profile. In that Deco-Gershwin-Big Apple kind of way. I know there are those here who will wince, but I don't mind it. There are plenty of "Toronto style" (yes I will use the term proudly) buildings going up to excuse this shamelessly retro building.

Meh, give me American Radiator anyday. *That's* how Deco-Gershwin is done.

kveus0735s.jpg

I was hoping that Stern would have grabbed deco and given it a twist, reinvented it somehow for our age - not done a straightforward faux number. Oh well ...

Agreed. A contemporary take would have been nice.

SOM tweaked deco quite stylishly with their BCE towers ( the tallest one especially ). Old Eb tried, and failed, with Trump.

Back